Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks and a disturbing lack of symptoms

(14 Posts)
Solero Tue 01-Jan-13 17:31:35

Hi ladies, got some excellent advice from mumsnetters first time around so thought i'd join again this time. Am 34 and approx 10 weeks with #2. How common is it to have very few, if any symptoms at all? I know all pregnancies are different but am sure I felt much more pregnant with dc1. Apart from tender boobs and some tiredness (which could be cos I work in retail and xmas is mental) I just don't feel anything. Am I right to be concerned? Or am I just being a bit silly and over anxious.

shelly81 Tue 01-Jan-13 17:52:20

Hey solero my best friend is 11 weeks and has had no symptoms at all ... Nothing the lucky sod ... I wouldn't worry you wud know if something wasn't right, maybe its a different sex baba xx

shelley72 Tue 01-Jan-13 18:13:58

hello - some people just dont get any symptoms - i didnt really have any symptoms apart from a missed period with either of myfirst two, and only mild nausea and and odd taste this time around. and by around the 10 wk mark the placenta takes over the job that the hormones were doing and so your symptoms may lessen ven further. it is probably nothing to worry about, though i know thats easier said than done!!!

Bunnychan Tue 01-Jan-13 18:29:36

Hi there! I had very few symptons that went away for a while at 10 weeks, then they came back in waves over the next few weeks. Perfectly normal x

FoofFighter Tue 01-Jan-13 18:53:28

Symptoms can come and go and some people get more or less (or nothing!!) and even the same woman in different pregnancies will get differing experiences smile

Unless you've had pain or bleeding there's every likelihood that things are doing fine.

Have you spoken to your MW about your concerns? maybe she can reassure you smile it won't be long till your scan now so try to not fret too much (although easier said than done I know - my boobs didn't hurt this morning (despite giving it gangnam style at a party last night blush so I was poking them till I could feel the pain again!)

TotallyTopical Tue 01-Jan-13 19:05:28

I had a symptomless second pregnancy (other than the lack of periods). I was absolutely convinced that there was something wrong, not helped by the fact that I didn't get my 12 week scan until 17 weeks hmm. I probably wouldn't have worried nearly as much if I hadn't had horrible morning sickness for 6 months with my first.

The pregnancy in question is now running around shrieking madly with no trousers on. grin

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that morning sickness tends to be worse with girls so maybe you can do some old wives tale gender prediction.

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly smile

Solero Tue 01-Jan-13 19:35:59

Thank you ladies, feeling a little more reassured. I see my MW and diabetes team on the 8th and my scan is on the 16th jan. I have had no pain and no bleeding so keeping everything crossed all is ok.

Oh and grin at gangnam style Foof

PhieEl06 Tue 01-Jan-13 21:29:40

Solero I am in the same boat, I have no symptoms what so ever, I am 11+2 & haven't had anything other than the odd sore nipple & feeling tired, I didn't find out I was PG until 8 weeks & that was because I couldn't remember the last time I'd had my period (completely unplanned pregnancy mixed with irregular periods, if any at all some months & being on pill), I haven't even felt nauseous! Some people think this is a good thing, personally until last week when I had what the MW thought would have been my 12 week scan, I had completely convinced myself I wasn't PG &/or lost my baby because of lack of symptoms, it also made me google like crazy & jump to all kinds of conclusions. I actually wished for symptoms to make sure I wasn't going insane, but got to see a very real baby in my tummy last week & now feel more assured have also mentioned this to my MW who said that some women have no symptoms what so ever & have completely normal pregnancies. Your not alone on the no symptom front, congratulations by the way & I hope all is well for you on the 16th! grin

Munchkinmommy Tue 01-Jan-13 21:32:01

I had no symptoms with my daughter at all. No symptoms apart from missed period and an expanding belly until I was nearly 30 weeks.

SoulTrain Tue 01-Jan-13 21:38:43

Please don't worry! I had nothing, NADDA, minus a missed period for I'd say the first 30 weeks. So much so I insisted that DH pay for a scan at 9 weeks as I failed to believe how this could be a viable pregnancy. He's now 19 months, snoring his nut off upstairs and utterly fabulous.

Oh but the backache that came later....the clicky hips, the insomnia, the funny feeling fanjo....

You'll be reet!

cheekbyjowl Wed 02-Jan-13 08:43:31

I posted the same two weeks ago and all was fine when it came to the scan. try not to google too much or you'll drive yourself nutty and trust God. I think tiredness is a good sign if it's out of character

BonaDea Wed 02-Jan-13 11:50:20

I had no symptoms other than a teeny bit of tiredness. No sore boobs, no nausea or sickness, nothing. It can be a bit worrying because until you start to show / feel baby move there is nothing to indicate that you are actually up-duffed, but you still are!

I'm now 27 weeks and everything is fine. Was sick this morning for an unrelated reason, and it reminded me to be thankful that I have got away lightly!!

TinkyPeet Wed 02-Jan-13 11:59:56

Everything of mine stopped at 9 weeks and didn't feel pregnant but scan at 10+3 revealed all is fine smile still don't really feel pregnant n not very sicky or anything, 11+2 today next scan next Friday smile x

TinkyPeet Wed 02-Jan-13 12:01:13

Btw I only had one week before it stopped where I couldn't keep anything down and felt dreadful. So u never know it could have been a bug lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now