Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Contraceptive Impant stopped working?

(3 Posts)
sleepdeprived62 Mon 31-Dec-12 20:25:50

Hi, I fell pregnant while on the pill. Our dd is 10 months old and we could not be happier parents. When she was 2 months old, I got the implant. The first couple of days I had some light spotting and then nothing - until last week. I had tonsillitis and had to take penicillin. I am finished with the medication (which i was advised would not affect my contraception) but all of a sudden my period has started. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Due to my past experience, I am slightly concerned that I may be pregnant again.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 01-Jan-13 08:42:05

I had an implant and had hardly any bleeding then about a year later my periods became awful. Two of my friends were the same and we all had them removed, hopefully it won't be this for you.

Ellypoo Tue 01-Jan-13 09:21:13

When I first had my implant I didn't have any periods at all, after a little while they started to return and then I kind of had normal periods but they were light.
Afaik ABs etc don't effect the contraceptiveness of implant, but of you're worried, POAS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now