Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Non existent sex life...

(11 Posts)
Pritchyx Sun 30-Dec-12 20:12:54

So I'm 20+4, huge bump and completely gone off everything and anything sexual, and cringe at everything related to sex.

My partner has a ridiculously high sex drive, and knows I've gone off it but I have to tell him to do whatever himself as I don't want it... He's had a go at me over it but nothing will help - we've tried loads of things but nothing is working and I feel completely useless.

Is there anyone out there who is like this? Or was like it and got their sex drive back during pregnancy?

sundaesundae Sun 30-Dec-12 20:21:08

We have had sex two maybe three times and I am now 28 weeks. I just feel cringey about it all, there is someone in my body! Tiredness and changed body doesn't help.

My OH is apparently ok with it, but I fear he isn't.

TwitchyTail Sun 30-Dec-12 20:57:06

Wait, I'm supposed to be having sex during pregnancy?

<checks for missed memo>

Eletheomel Sun 30-Dec-12 21:00:14

I'm 18wks 5 days, and we haven't had sex since a day or two since I conceived!

I've had morning sickness since wk5 - so its just not on the menu. I'd like to think we'll get some nookie before the birth, but reckon that might be a further month away - OH just has to cope :-)

AppleCrumples Sun 30-Dec-12 21:07:18

I had the most awful morning sickness in hospital at 20 weeks plus pg was a massive shock. Once I was feeling a bit better I was too big and uncomfortable for it to be appealing. Poor dh is desperately hoping I go over so he will be needed to get baby out. He has the patience of a saint and i love him very much for not pressuring me! (am 37 weeks the poor love)

weeblueberry Mon 31-Dec-12 10:58:47

I'm 20+5 and we've only had sex a handful of times since I found out. I've spent most of my pregnancy being exhausted which is the main reason for the drop in drive. I'm pretty lucky in that DP is really understanding about it all. He's not putting any pressure on and is just going with the flow. It's getting a bit better now but if you offered me the choice between great sex and a nap....I'd almost certainly take the nap blush

Lovelylace Mon 31-Dec-12 12:16:06

My partner seem completely uninterested in me since I have started showing...charming, I have tried a few times with a few advances but no luck...ohh well..

chocchoc30 Mon 31-Dec-12 14:20:31

Not bothered by it at all I don't feel comfortable. My poor OH he is so understanding.

TinkyPeet Mon 31-Dec-12 14:31:25

Well I'm only 11 weeks an haven't done it since finding out at 5 weeks, I just don't want it or feel any slight interest to try lol. Dh does try his luck but gets knocked back bless him :/ lol

LexiLoganberry Mon 31-Dec-12 16:10:48

When I was pregnant with my dd my interest in sex remained pretty constant throughout pregnancy, I'm only 6 weeks so far and enjoying sex.

Everyone's different and you can only do what your comfortable with.

LaCiccolina Mon 31-Dec-12 16:15:03

I went off totally once preg. Boobs hurt and I just haven't been interested at all. Happened same the first time. Good news, it did come back but after around 12wks, not 8 doc suggested. Couldn't bear thought before them. I'm c sec both times too. Dunno if any help....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: