Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Irritable uterus- i'm in hell!

(5 Posts)
12ylnon Sun 30-Dec-12 16:25:09

I think i have irritable uterus.
I've had pain on my left side since 6 weeks (thought it was eptopic, went for a scan everything fine) and on and off every few weeks until this week (my 18th). No one really offered an explanation, thought it was just round ligament pain.

WELL, early friday morning i woke up with a really painful, hard left side. Took some paracetamol, went to work, everything was ok. Saturday morning same thing happened, it lasted for two hours in the early morning and then had a very sore tummy for the rest of the day. This morning the same thing happened for close to 3 hours, i've been lying in bed all day because i have no idea what to do!

Vistited the MW on Sat morning (phoned in a panic, poor mw was very nice and offered to check me over). Baby was fine. But she mentioned that it was probably either braxton hicks, or irritable uterus or a bit of both. She didn't really tell me what to do about it so i got home and looked it up and it sounds like a classic case of irritable uterus. One sided pain, lasts for a long time, hurts, tight tummy.

I'm going off to the drs tomorrow, number 1 because it's disturbing my sleep and i feel like crap and number 2 because from what i've read, it sounds like some sort of action needs to be taken.

Does anyone have experience of this? How did it turn out? What action did the drs take (i've heard a lot of women are told to go on bed rest- this is not ideal!)? Any tips for dealing with it?

riskit4abiskit Sun 30-Dec-12 20:09:48

I haven't heard of this, but I wanted you to have an answer! Sounds grim.

Hope to hear that you get an answer fromthe docs soon!

meala Sun 30-Dec-12 20:45:37

That sounds horrible, I've never heard of this either though sorry.

I had one sided pain when pregnant, it turned out to be an ovarian cyst. It was very sore at times (ended up in hospital on morphine). Things settled down but it was eventually removed.

hope you get some solution soon.

FestiveDigestive Sun 30-Dec-12 23:30:10

I'm 36 weeks pregnant (with twins!) and have had an irratable uterus since around 28 wks. It just means that I have contractions on a very regular basis but they start and stop, are sometimes irregular & haven't progressed into labour.

For example, I was monitored this morning & the monitor picked up contractions every 8 minutes but when I had an internal my cervix was closed. They stopped for a few hours & are now back 10 minutes apart - I will stay in hospital tonight and have another internal in the morning, I expect there will be no changes and I will be sent home again!

It's uncomfortable and annoying, but I don't think there's any evidence it will lead to early labour. The tightenings feel just the same as the ones I had in early labour with DS, sometimes I need painkillers and other time as I don't.

I think it's good that you are going to the Drs to get another opinion though as it seems a bit strange that your pain/hard stomach is lasting for so long, that sounds different from contractions. Maybe they will send you for a scan for some reassurance - good luck.

brettgirl2 Mon 31-Dec-12 08:00:44

Could it be a fibroid? Although I would have thought that would have been picked up at your scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now