Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any Hope

(7 Posts)
Istherehope Thu 27-Dec-12 20:13:47

12 wks but have been bleeding on & off since 23rd. It wasn't flowing blood but more coming out when I wiped. Anyway lots of tests yesterday. Baby is still in womb but they didn't locate a heartbeat. They said it was inconclusive & I will be having a different type scan tomorrow morning that will give a definate answer. I pushed the midwife & she said something about something on the sack not looking normal i.e. looked like the sack was going to collapse inwards & that I would have a miscarriage.

I have been under horrendous stress this pg as my partner walked out on me two days after pg was discovered. This was so so unexpected & so unlike him that I was left feeling traumatised. He won't talk to either me or his family so I still have no answers for why he did what he did. I'm left now feeling like all of the trauma & stress caused this. I feel so so torn part of me really wants this baby & hope that by some miracle a heartbeat will be found tomorrow but there is also another part of me that has been so so hurt that thinks maybe this is the best outcome.

Anyway just wanted to know from other people's experiences is there any hope my little baby will survive? Does anyone every have something like this happen & still go on to have a healthy baby?

I forgot to say I haven't had any blood since last night. Also both last night & tonight after eating I had that really swollen pg belly. Does this mean there's any hope or do you still continue having a swollen belly even if baby has died?

simbaandblue Thu 27-Dec-12 20:33:36

I'm sorry I can't relate or answer this but didn't want to read and run when you are having such a terrible time. I can only offer you my thoughts and I hope that everything will be ok! Look after yourself as much as you can! Here if you need a chat xx

RissaC2011 Thu 27-Dec-12 21:35:58

I can only echo simba and say that I'm so sorry this is happening to you. How worried you must be feeling.

I went through an early miscarriage (6 weeks pregnant), bleeding lightly for a few weeks before I even realised I was pregnant. The hospital said it was an ectopic pregnancy as there was nothing showing on the scan. I went on to become pregnant again with no further problems.

I don't think anyone on this forum will be able to give you any reliable indication of how things are going to turn out as each individual case will be different. Try not to worry though as this wont help you physically, I know this is easier said than done. I hope things turn out well for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed x

FoofFighter Thu 27-Dec-12 21:41:44

Oh honey sad

I have nothing to offer about your particular situation, just that when I had a missed miscarriage earlier in the year although the baby had died some 3 weeks before I knew, I still had symptoms happening and new symptoms occurring due to the hormones which still carry on for a while until it realises.

I would say though to maybe check out the pregnancy loss board on here as there may be people there who could help a bit more? They were my saviours during my mmc x

Everything firmly crossed for you for tomorrow thanks

Istherehope Thu 27-Dec-12 22:25:50

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I had some more blood loss earlier so I think the hope is beginning to fade. The grief is huge & lots of regrets about letting the trauma take from bonding properly with my baby.

Wallison Thu 27-Dec-12 22:32:08

I'm so sorry that you are going through all this. I don't have any answers or even any advice as such - I had two miscarriages before I had my son and each time it happened really quite quickly with lots of blood and cramping but I know it's not always like that, and even in both of those cases they didn't confirm a miscarriage straightaway because it's not as simple as that. But one thing I do know is that is a horrible situation to be in and I do feel for you.

Mylittlepuds Thu 27-Dec-12 23:30:48

I'm sorry you're going through this x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now