Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just got positive test result but I'm worried!

(8 Posts)
LittleDonkin Wed 26-Dec-12 17:02:42

I have just done a clearblue and it came up pregnant 1-2, I am over the moon as we have been trying to concieve child number 2 for a year but I am worried now. I had a water infection last week, went to the doctors the nurse did a pregnancy test before prescribing antibiotics as I told her I was TTC but the test came up negative. I have taken 4 days worth of Amoxicillen and dont know if I should be worried or not!

rogersmellyonthetelly Wed 26-Dec-12 17:51:22

Don't worry. Ive had 6 courses of amoxycillin from. 4weeks pregnant onwards this time and am 33 weeks with a healthy baby. It's generally considered safe in pregnancy and is a good broad spectrum antibiotic, ie it nukes lots of different bugs.

queenofthepirates Wed 26-Dec-12 18:01:29

Panic ye not, most of us will have taken some kind of drug/went on a bender/smoked something nefarious when we weren't aware we were pregnant and our kids are quite fine. If you're concerned, straight down to the GP at 8.30am tomorrow and have a chat with them to set your mind at rest. I have a feeling there's some kind of thing about drugs not crossing the placenta this early so you could in theory drink a bottle of gin and be fine.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Wed 26-Dec-12 21:02:56

Yes, amoxicillin is safe in the first trimester and if you'd only just conceived it wouldn't have impacted on the baby anyway.
Congratulations! grin

FoofFighter Wed 26-Dec-12 22:52:16

Placenta doesn't kick in till around 10 weeks or so (does it?) so nothing would have crossed over smile

LittleDonkin Thu 27-Dec-12 15:54:39

an I devour the slab of stilton thats in my fridge and have a cheeky baileys then??????

FoofFighter Thu 27-Dec-12 16:04:18

Stilton is fine throughout pregnancy, alcohol - 1 - 2 units is the max a week, preferably none though

LittleDonkin Thu 27-Dec-12 16:05:36

Is it really????? Oh I am glad!!!!! stilton and crackers tonight for supper smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now