Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Nesting

(4 Posts)
Bunnychan Wed 26-Dec-12 10:10:06

Just being nosy; did/ are you nesting? When did you start and what has it compelled you to do?

I ask because I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and feel an overwhelming urge to have a huge sort out, put all the Xmas pressies away, I want to buy all the baby stuff TODAY and to deep clean the house. This is not like me at all. Could this be the nesting instinct? Am I losing my marbles? X

LeBFG Wed 26-Dec-12 10:50:29

Hehe, you're not losing your marbles. You're mentally preparing for the new arrival by doing practical things. With my first I had no nesting instinct as such. But two days before I went into early labour I definately wanted to stay at home, couldn't face being away for very long. This time around I'm fully packed and prepared and I'm only 29 weeks! Probably doing it through the experience of being so ill prepared last time rather than instinct though smile.

TwitchyTail Wed 26-Dec-12 12:00:13

If you count being obsessed with making lists of baby stuff to buy, spending obscene amounts of time looking at things online, and making plans for deep cleaning the house as soon as maternity leave starts, it started at about 24 weeks grin

Mylittlepuds Wed 26-Dec-12 17:50:55

I've had a few 'bouts' of running around the house cleaning like a mad woman not like me at all It happened quite early on as only 22weeks still now. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: