Talk

Advanced search

Does taking folic acid help u get pregnant

(6 Posts)
stephbecominglittler Sun 23-Dec-12 17:17:15

Been trying to get pregnant for a while now had a m/c in may an been trying ever since I have a little boy and my partner has a little girl I been told folic acid helps also taking the pill for a few days anyone else have any suggestions x

ZuleikaD Sun 23-Dec-12 18:22:13

Folic acid isn't to help you get pregnant, you need to take it when you're trying to get pregnant because it's crucial for proper spinal development in the early weeks.

stephbecominglittler Sun 23-Dec-12 18:31:05

In trying to get pregnant

Rockchick1984 Mon 24-Dec-12 11:11:37

Folic acid won't help you become pregnant, but you need it when you first become pregnant so good to start taking it if you're trying.

Do you mean taking the contraceptive pill for a few days will help you get pregnant? Never heard of that one, but seeing as how it's meant to stop you getting pregnant I doubt it's true!!

Try taking evening primrose oil tablets from the first day of your period to the day you ovulate (usually 14 days before your next period). Can also buy ovulation sticks (clearblue do them or can buy cheap version on amazon) to tell you when best to have sex to try and get pregnant.

MJP1 Mon 24-Dec-12 11:13:33

Not sure I took it for 6 months before trying and we got pregnant 1st time, so maybe. xxx

FirstPersonPlural Mon 24-Dec-12 11:38:23

No, folic acid does not make you more fertile.

But it's good to have a regular (daily) dose of it in your system when you do get pregnant as it aids your baby's early spinal development.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now