Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

I can't stand the fuss!

(6 Posts)
cupcake78 Sun 23-Dec-12 08:56:58

Going to pils for Christmas and they are painfully ott when it comes to babies. I'm 14wks pregnant, everyone knows ( thanks to my own over excited mother) and the level of fuss will be horrendous. We are 'expected' to arrive at 12am, after a morning of three sets of visitors to our house. Nieces, nephews, dhs family. Lunch which is the last thing I want due to bad morning sickness. Then present opening which is an unorganised affair of fil pulling out from under the tree and chucking at whoever it's for. Hence lost bits of toys, instructions, tears and child fighting. Pil seem to think this is just all part of the funangry. We are then expected to stay for their friends to come over at 7pm for tea by which point ds is past himself, dh is asleep and I will be feeling like death.

They didn't expect this pregnancy as we learnt to keep them out of things to avoid pushy opinions. I've been very sick and am still extremely tired and its just too much.

I'm not looking forward to a house full of noisy kids, noisy adults, smelly food, immense amounts of fuss and no room to escape to hmm

Phineyj Sun 23-Dec-12 09:08:01

I hope you mean 12pm! Just leave at 5pm and have done. If you are feeling pukey it's the kindest thing for everyone. I do sympathise as my MIL fusses like nobody's business, but thank goodness we are not going there.

TwitchyTail Sun 23-Dec-12 09:59:23

How far away do they live? Forget what you're "expected" to do and just pop in for a few hours. Skip the lunch if you're not feeling well. You have the perfect excuse in bad morning sickness. If you're not well enough, no-one can argue with that...

cupcake78 Sun 23-Dec-12 16:53:41

They only live 10miles away. They wanted to see us, yesterday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and the day after that!!!! Dh spoke to them and said it was too much and that we will see them on Christmas Day and maybe thurs for tea.

I've been to other family today for Christmas meal. 4 hours of loud kids, yapping puppy, smelly food and I am done in. I could happily go straight to bed if it wasn't for having ds to deal with.

I think I'm going to phone pil tonight and just prepare their expectations to a more realistic level. Ive been sick twice today and the nausea is increasing because im so tired. I have every intention of home and pjs as soon as I can escape.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Sun 23-Dec-12 16:57:02

Go. Throw up. Pretend you might have noro. Come home and snuggle up in PJs watching Polar Express.

Problem solved grin

cupcake78 Sun 23-Dec-12 17:12:40

Purple, I like your thinking! I could always try

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: