Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump Envy

(16 Posts)
weeblueberry Sat 22-Dec-12 17:44:54

I'm starting to get somewhat frustrated seeing lots of women with their perfect little round bumps parading around. Why does no one I see have a weird splodge looking bump like mine? I have an upper and lower bump which I have pretty much always had (before it was just spare tyres blush) but the baby bump seems to have morphed into this weird double bump too. I'm worried it just makes me look like I have a beer belly rather than being pregnant lol.

I think if I'm asking asking Santa for things I might request a more spherical bump wink

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 22-Dec-12 18:03:22

Mine has just converted from what you describe to a 'proper' bump in the last week and I'm 22+4 now! I've always had a spare tyre and hog a but frustrated at people commenting on my 'bump' - pointing at my spare tyre/muffin top! Now I finally feel like I look pregnant. How far along at you now?

sundaesundae Sat 22-Dec-12 18:06:07

27 weeks and still have my double bump, though I don't think it looks toooo obvious! It is dispiriting though. I never knew this happened. I want a football bump too!!

MrsSandyClaws Sat 22-Dec-12 18:07:14

I'm 28 weeks with my first and have yet to get a proper baby bump. My belly looks like a B. still goes in in the middle just above my belly button even though my uterus is above there now. sad ATM I don't think I will ever get the lovely round bump and will just keep looking fatter and fatter.

rosiesmartypants Sat 22-Dec-12 18:08:21

Don't worry weeblueberry, I am 25+5, and I still have the double bump thing going on, and the top one is bigger than the bottom which is quite disconcerting!

I still just look like I have put on weight as opposed to being pregnant...I just figure it will sort itself out eventually! The advantage is that I can still bend in the middle grin

weeblueberry Sat 22-Dec-12 18:33:37

I'm 20+3 but the last couple of weeks on line etc. have shown lots of bumps in the same time scale and they all look pristine. Not really like mine at all sad

StormyBrid Sat 22-Dec-12 18:43:24

29+1, and over the past few days doubleness of bump has decreased noticeably, when I'm standing up at least (still blatantly double when sitting).

However, where the bump has filled in is now sporting five lovely purple stretch marks.

So there is hope for those of you still waiting, but it may not be as awesome as you're hoping for. confused

Trishstar Sat 22-Dec-12 19:48:18

I still have the double bump too! Waiting patiently for it to morph into 1! I'm 23w4d! I hope mine turns into a proper bump soon as some clothes I just look fat and some clothes it does look like a proper bump xxx

Lora1982 Sat 22-Dec-12 22:18:11

My dbl bellys gone now.. I just have an amusing wobbly bit of skin under the bump.

Wheels79 Sat 22-Dec-12 22:45:47

Me too. 33 weeks and while it is less double bump than it was it is certainly no beachball up my dress. It makes me forget that I can't bend like I used to.

10storeylovesong Sun 23-Dec-12 08:42:22

I'm 20+3 and just beginning to develop a bump that I was proud of... Until my friend announced last night "you don't look pregnant, you just look like you've put weight on!"

ariane5 Sun 23-Dec-12 08:51:02

I was the opposite with my 4 dcs I had the oddest roundest high up bump, it was big but people would always comment (even dh) that it didn't look real! I got quite self concious about it as I did look really strange!

TwitchyTail Sun 23-Dec-12 10:02:36

Anyone want to swap? I keep getting admiring comments at work about my "beautiful tidy bump" and it's starting to creep me out hmm I thought this was shorthand for "you look like an egg on sticks". I really never considered there were different types of bump before.

MyLittleAprilSunshine Mon 24-Dec-12 16:31:14

I am 25 weeks and the bump is only just beginning to look like one bump beforehand mine has been like yours. A little bump at the top, a curve then the baby bump. grin

mackerella Mon 24-Dec-12 17:26:00

Do you know what position the baby's in? With DS, I had an anterior placenta and he spent the whole pregnancy back-to-back, so I had a weird-shaped bump as a result. Normally the nice round bump is caused by the baby's back, I think, but because DS was facing the other way round, I had a sort of 'concave' bit in the middle of my bump, where his stomach was confused

weeblueberry Mon 24-Dec-12 21:44:00

Oh that's interesting mackerella as I do have an anterior placenta!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now