Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early labour or paranoia?

(9 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Thu 20-Dec-12 14:53:39

Hi all am 34+1. Saw midwife yest was 4/5th engaged.
Today I've been having stomach pains and backache. Sorry for tmi but had diarrohea earlier.
Could this be the start of labour or have I got a tummy bug? Pain in tummy and back is an ache rather than sharp pains

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 20-Dec-12 15:02:11

Bump

Doraemon Thu 20-Dec-12 15:20:07

I think it might be worth calling midwife or hospital just to see what they say - are you getting any contractions or strong Braxton HIcks?

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 20-Dec-12 15:24:17

Thanks can't get hold of comm midwife and hosp gonna call me back in 10 mins. Don't think I'm getting any contractions (I'm sure that sounds daft- sure you would know so in that case no) the pain in back and sides is coming and going

tiddleypompom Thu 20-Dec-12 16:05:38

You may have picked up a stomach bug hence the griping pain? Definitely keep a check on the pains (are they getting stronger, are they regular and if so how far apart) but my advice would be to keep fluid intake up (you don't want to dehydrate), and rest. Try not to stress - it is not likely to be the start of your labour but if it is, you are well into third trim. Sorry you're in discomfort in the meantime & I hope it passes. Go & put your feet up for now.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 20-Dec-12 16:18:38

Thanks hosp think it may be a bug also, baby not moved much today so they said if I have movement next hour or so not to go in but if she's still be quiet then to go in and be monitored

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 20-Dec-12 16:54:36

Baby moving so think it is just a bug

tiddleypompom Thu 20-Dec-12 19:29:09

Good stuff (well, you know what I mean). Hope bug disappears in time for a lovely last Christmas before baby girl arrives smile

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 20-Dec-12 20:15:01

smile thanks tiddlypompom have a lovely Christmas too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now