Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So irritable...

(10 Posts)
mrsXsweet Tue 18-Dec-12 19:30:31

I am 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My mother has just rang to tell me something that will 'really piss me off'- this time in your last pregnancy your dd was 2 hours old! Gee, thanks mom. If she knew it would be an annoying anecdote why ring me to tell me?!
On another note, I have no imminent signs of labour and can't bare the thought of being 2 weeks overdue. Did anybody just go into labour without any warning signs?

NotSpartacus Tue 18-Dec-12 19:31:55

For me being very irritable was a sign of impending labour (no other signs).

mrsXsweet Tue 18-Dec-12 19:34:15

So there is hope!

surprise11871 Tue 18-Dec-12 19:38:25

hi i am also 39 weeks n 2 days n very fed up n irritable as this is my first i can't answer your question but just wanted to say u have my sympathy as that is how i am feeling! i no i should be grateful to have finally gotten this far after 2 mmc but i am feeling so irritable and emotional and not looking forward to going 2 weeks over too. sending good vibes your way for labour to start soon and thanks x

Nicknamegrief Tue 18-Dec-12 19:52:23

I am also very irritable but not quite at 39weeks, I'm 37, we moved back to the UK 2 weeks ago and despite registering with the GP surgery the first day I could it has taken me this long to get an appointment with the midwife (tomorrow), who has left an annoying message on my phone saying its all rather late in the day to be doing this and with Christmas etc etc I'm lucky I'm going to be seen, let alone see a consultant and get a section at 38 weeks as recommended by the previous consultants I've seen.

She's not even got my notes yet (just heard my increasingly frantic messages I've left for the past week)!!!! How can she judge the case without those or seeing me? I've been ill with a chest infection since we came back. My husband is unable to take any paternity leave immediately following my due date (he can have the week before as its still Christmas leave). Am very stressed about it all.

I have every sympathy for you all as well. My first came along early (38 weeks), while my second was 16days late (hospital mess up) and I remember everyone saying that serves you right for not having to wait for your first!

Feel better for getting that rant off my chest. Good luck ladies.

mrsXsweet Tue 18-Dec-12 21:03:37

Nickname that is terrible. I would be seriously stressed out in ur position so I think u r perfectly entitled to feel a bit irritable!
Surprise fingers crossed that it happens for both of us soon.

Damash12 Wed 19-Dec-12 04:36:29

I am 34 weeks and have been irritable for the entire 34 weeks to be honest :-). I cry at everything and snap at Dh but I must admit I'm getting really anxious especially at night and can't sleep/ relax. Good luck and hope your little ones arrive soon. X

surprise11871 Wed 19-Dec-12 05:00:15

nickname that is awful it shouldn't matter if it is xmas etc etc there is no excuse for being so rude. hoping u feel better soon aswell.
mrsx hoping it starts for u soon yes n up until last night was hoping that for myself but now i am full of cold/flu n thinking how will i cope with labour n new born wen im already feeling so ill n exhausted! sorry can prob tell feeling sorry for myself time to snap out of it
damash sorry to hear ur feeling this way too n lack of sleep only makes it worse sending u brew and [biscuit ]

surprise11871 Wed 19-Dec-12 05:00:44

biscuit

BabyBellasMumma Thu 20-Dec-12 12:34:35

I'm feeling like this today too! I'm 37+4 with DC2. With DC1 my waters broke and I gave birth to her at 37+4.
Everyone has been telling 2nd babies tend to be earlier than 1st so I was thinking I would of had baby by now or at least today or within the next couple of days. I have got no signs of anything happening any time soon, no show no braxtons nothing hmm
I realise I could still have another few weeks to go yet but as I've reached the point at which I gave birth to DD I already feel overdue! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now