Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

feeling "low" down below - anyone else had this?

(7 Posts)
littlemonkeychops Tue 18-Dec-12 17:53:54

Hi

I'm 17 weeks with 2nd pregnancy, feeling a bit odd down below, hard to describe but sort of "low", i think it's a similar feeling i had towards the end of pregnancy, sort of like there's downwards pressure and heavy, but i've only got a smallish bump so far so it can't be actual baby weight iyswim.

Anyone had this feeling? Maybe it's normal with a second pregnancy as all the muscles have been there and done that so know the drill??

Had a quick look on google and found some scary info about incompetent cervix etc - this is why googling when pregnant is a very bad idea as now worrying myself about it...

neolara Tue 18-Dec-12 17:58:40

I had this feeling a lot in my third pregnancy. Everything went absolutely fine but I subsequently discovered I have a small prolapse. I suspect this is what I was feeling.

DoodleHolly Tue 18-Dec-12 18:17:59

I felt like that around the same time as you and then the baby flipped over and the feeling stopped. Meant more movements now but far more comfortable.

I mentioned it previously to midwife who wasn't concerned but you could try mentioning it if you are concerned?

Pochemuchka Tue 18-Dec-12 18:25:59

Same as Doodleholly.

Had this at the beginning of this pregnancy (DC3), baby moved and it went away. Am now 37 weeks and the heaviness is back!

Agree that you should speak to your midwife if you're worried.

littlemonkeychops Tue 18-Dec-12 18:30:45

Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear it sounds common. If it's still here in a few days or gets worse i'll ring the MW

YouCanBe Tue 18-Dec-12 19:14:30

Oh I had this earlier in my pregnancy too, it has stopped now.

Shaiandbump Tue 18-Dec-12 21:01:30

I'm 18+3 and I been having this on and off for the last couple weeks, happens when I'm lying down or walking , feels like when the baby's head is down further on in pregnancy? Glad u posted tho because I was getting quite worried myself

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: