Talk

Advanced search

How to learn about hypnobirthing?

(8 Posts)
anameforahouse Tue 18-Dec-12 10:10:13

Thinking of getting myself a useful Christmas present!

Please can I ask, which books - or DVDs / CDs - on hypnobirthing you'd recommend?

Thanks smile

PopEsMummy Tue 18-Dec-12 10:32:26

I used the natal hypnotherapy book and cd's. I had a successful vbac in may using them and would recommend them to anyone smile

cupcake78 Tue 18-Dec-12 10:46:54

Thanks for this its something I'm also really interested in. What stage of your pregnancy would you suggest i start to learn about it?

MrsHBaby3 Tue 18-Dec-12 11:27:02

I bought the Marie Mongan book with CD from ebay

FirstPersonPlural Tue 18-Dec-12 11:30:00

Does anyone know if 33 weeks is 'too late' to start?

scaredbutexcited Tue 18-Dec-12 11:50:56

Just ordered the Marie Mongan one from amazon - looks amazing! Anything that can reduce the need for pain/intervention sounds good. smile

Also like the idea of a CD as well, hoping I can listen while doing something else as not always the time in the day to sit and listen. Thinking will put it on while cooking in the evening.

anameforahouse Tue 18-Dec-12 20:31:12

Thanks for the suggestions I'll go have a look.

MrsH have you got as far as putting it into practice?

Lizzy1975 Tue 18-Dec-12 20:44:24

I used the Marie Mongan book and CD and also listened to Stephen Halpern's 'Comfort Zone' CD up to and during the birth. 6 hour water birth with no pain relief, very relaxed experience. Feel free to PM if you'd like more details.

FirstPerson, 33 weeks is late only in that I think 26 weeks is when we were advised to begin, but still well worth it I would imagine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now