Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

So, you are going to be a mum, how do you feel?

(9 Posts)
nananaps Mon 17-Dec-12 13:26:20

Me, beyond excited.
Apprehensive and scared, worried about doing things right, but OMG, excited!

growyourown77 Mon 17-Dec-12 13:33:30

Excited about becoming a family, impatient (as she's been a long time in the making!), apprehensive about all the horror stories people tell you, confused about conflicting advice, but most importantly looking forward to getting to know our own little person as her personality develops and learning about myself along the way.

stowsettler Mon 17-Dec-12 14:22:59

31+5, starting to get excited now as I'm getting down to the business end of things.
Not apprehensive or scared really, I tend not to worry about things I can't do anything about. However I am a control freak when it comes to things I can actually control (e.g. getting bedroom ready, ticking off the 'to buy list') and am stressing occasionally about not getting 'everything' done before the baby arrives. Even so I know that I'm far more organised than my mate, and she gave birth last week!
I'm finding myself becoming quite tearful and emotional about anything baby-related (think "When a Child is Born" playing on the radio blush) as D-day approaches, so I suspect my natural unflappability may go out the window when Nipperette does arrive!

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 17-Dec-12 15:56:54

I'm already a mum x2 and doing it again in about 9 weeks. Frankly I'm bloody terrified, sleepless nights will be hell, constant feeding, wondering why the hell the baby is still crying, wondering what the hell I have done when I've just got my life back together after the first two, and over the top of all that an incredible sense of wonder that there's a tiny new person inside me waiting to be loved and cuddled and known and I can't wait to meet her :0)

2blessed Tue 18-Dec-12 05:55:04

Excited and scared, am 39+2 so hopefully any day now!

Lora1982 Tue 18-Dec-12 09:06:46

38 wks i think im still in sureal/denial...

plonko Tue 18-Dec-12 09:25:17

Excited, happy, scared, still can't believe it.... I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and growyourown has pretty much summed up how I feel too.

Oh and I'm looking forward to enjoying a glass of wine come March grin

Librarina Tue 18-Dec-12 12:53:59

At the moment, a bit bored. I'm 16 weeks so most people have been told, so that excitement is over. I'm not so much pregnant as fat but not fat enough for nice new maternity frocks. The novelty of not drinking booze has worn off completely but I'm still not very interested in food or cooking. It seems like ages until the next scan and I've made the old one all crumpled by looking at it.

And that's not even thinking about the absolute fear that I will be a horrible parent, or drop my baby, or forget to feed him/her because I'm engrossed in a good book, and what will I do when they are a toddler and have a tantrum, or when they are 13 and I have to talk about puberty, or when they're 16 and come home pregnant, or want driving lessons, or I need to teach them how to budget when I'm so rubbish at it myself.

I'm really hoping that excitement comes soon!

JessWillis Tue 18-Dec-12 19:54:13

28wks, I flit between being excited (hubby is practically bouncing around the house) and absolutely petrified.

I'm not big on change unless i've had plenty of time to come to terms with it, and having a baby is a HUGE change and I am really not sure how exactly they will impact on me/hubby/current life etc etc.

and like plonko am really looking forward to a tipple come march grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: