Talk

Advanced search

17 weeks and anxiety

(5 Posts)
katesav87 Sun 16-Dec-12 09:17:34

Hi first of all I suffer really bad from anxiety so I blame my worries on that and the fact that I still can't believe I'm going to have DC2! I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and for the last couple of weeks I've been feeling flutters on and off but I do feel it everyday! But for the last couple of days I haven't felt it really. I've been so worried I've used my home doppler a few times to make sure I can hear the heartbeat which I've heard but for some reason it just dosent reassure me. The midwife knows I have a home doppler and I know exactly wat I'm looking for. I also told her about my anxietys and she advised if I can make it through the next couple of weeks then I may feel better once I can feel baby move properly. I just don't know wat to do in the mean time. I usually take anti depressants for it but I slowly came off them wen I found out and other than my anxiety with the baby I feel I'm doing well and really don't want to go back on them just yet. My DD is nearly 5 so I feel like this is a first pregnancy as I can't remember much with her. I've also had 3 MC. Is it normal to have flutters then for them to slow down a little. I also feel like my stomach is not forming a bump its just fat! I showed really early with this one but now it's slowed down and somedays I wake and it just looks like I've eaten to much. I'm just worried about everything. Sorry for the long post xxx

orangeone Sun 16-Dec-12 09:30:28

Hi Kate,
Orange here - also 17 weeks this week post mutiple MCand everything you describe is what I'm experiencing too except the anxiety. I know that no news is good news at this stage as we are out of the danger zone so unless we have massive bleeding Chance of baby MC is less than 1%.
Sometimes I feel a bit of movement and sometimes none, sometimes bump is very bumpy IYKWIM and sometimes I just look fat!!
I think this is normal. Hang in there, May 2013 will be here before we can think!! Talk to your midwifes too as they can reassure you too!
Orange x

katesav87 Sun 16-Dec-12 09:46:41

Thanks orange. I know I'm proberley just being silly just keep having these horrible nightmares and bad feelings and its just getting to me. I never ever remember being this anxious with my DD! Just sailed through her pregnancy knowing nothing but now I'm like a nervous wreck my poor DH is getting the brunt of me moaning lol fingers crossed for us both orange xxx

orangeone Sun 16-Dec-12 10:04:01

I think once you've had a MC, all subsequent pregnancies are tinged with anxiety and sadness. If you've had more than one MC then it just makes the stress worse. A good friend of mine told me recently that I can carry babies to term (as I did with my DD) once I get past the danger period. I hang onto that as it helps me, hope that thought can help you too.
Ox
Ps: my DH patience is also tested to the limits of reassurance!! ;-)

katesav87 Sun 16-Dec-12 10:44:36

Definitely agree I had a mmc before my DD but was young and naive but now I'm older and have had a further 2 mc and seen other ppl go through it I now know wat can happen so it dosent do well with my anxiety. I think if I concentrate to hard on baby it dosent move as just relaxed this morning and got dressed and sure I felt it wriggling about. Maybe it can feel how anxious I've been. Or it's going to be a naughty baby :-) ur right tho I can carry after the first trimester as my DD is proof of this. Thanks orange xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now