Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 27 weeks

(9 Posts)
Jk393 Sun 16-Dec-12 08:44:24

Hi there, I had some spotting 3 weeks ago which I was kept in hospital for the baby was scanned and is fine, but have been spotting again now, do I call the midwife or just tell them when I next go to see her next Monday? I had been very stressed so put the bleeding down to that, am still stressed so don't know if its related.
Any advice welcome thank you x

youmaycallmeSSP Sun 16-Dec-12 08:59:21

Call the delivery suite ASAP.

Tugstonia Sun 16-Dec-12 10:29:51

Definitely call or go in and get it checked. I'm now 35 weeks and had a bleed at 28 weeks, was kept in for 3 days for observation and told to go back if I had any more. How much blood is there and what colour?

Jk393 Sun 16-Dec-12 11:28:28

It was just a few spots when wiping, not had anymore since first thing, did they find the cause? When they kept me In before they cudnt find the reason and I had no more when was in so felt I was wasting there time x

worsestershiresauce Sun 16-Dec-12 12:10:27

Your midwife will want to know about any bleeding - you aren't wasting anyone's time. If it was a few spots it could as simple as a small vein on your cervix, but it could be something more serious. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Jakeyblueblue Sun 16-Dec-12 12:36:56

I had spotting at 30 weeks and went in for a trace and examination. When they were checking my cervix they discovered I'd got thrush which was irritating the cervix and responsible for the spotting.
I had no symptoms of thrush and I'm a nurse so was mortified I didn't realise! They gave me a pessary and i didn't have anymore spotting again.
I'd phone and get it checked. It's prob something really simple smile

Jk393 Sun 16-Dec-12 16:44:15

I called them they said not to worry, and to just rest but if I get any more to call them back, thank you for the advice x

youmaycallmeSSP Sun 16-Dec-12 17:48:50

Glad you called, hope all is well x

Tugstonia Sun 16-Dec-12 19:12:15

Hope you're feeling ok. They didn't find a definitive cause with me but think it could be little bit of my placenta coming away, although they weren't sure. Always best to get these things checked so glad you called, you wouldn't be wasting anyone's time. Hope you don't get any more, it's so worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now