Talk

Advanced search

9 weeks past a blood clot? Pls help

(13 Posts)
RoxyLady Sat 15-Dec-12 14:31:20

I woke up went to the toilet and had some bleeding, i then past a blood clot the size of a ten pence piece. The bleeding has now stopped.
Been refered to early preg unit monday for scan.
Anyone had similar experience?
My last three preg ended in miscarriage. I have no cramping or anything.

RoxyLady Sat 15-Dec-12 15:39:42

Anyone?????

hhhhhhh Sat 15-Dec-12 15:42:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Petcat Sat 15-Dec-12 18:15:33

I had bleeding with clots in week 8 of my pregnancy. I didn't lose one large clot like you describe but had brown blood mixed with clots/bits of tissue that looked like liver.

It started over the weekend and when I went to EPU on the Monday the doctor was very pessimistic. They sent me home without a scan, telling me the clots were a sign I'd almost certainly started to miscarry.

I had an agonising wait until I was scanned on the Friday. Amazingly, my baby was hanging on in there, and I am now 16 weeks along.

I really hope you get a similarly happy outcome. Passing clots can be a sign something is seriously wrong, but it doesn't always have to mean the worst. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

woose Sat 15-Dec-12 20:03:49

Roxy I hope you are okay? I am sure everything will be fine on Monday. Thinking of you. xx

RoxyLady Sat 15-Dec-12 23:04:24

Thankyou. After the blood clot ive completely stopped bleeding. Im so confused. Monday seems like an eternity away.

mylittlemonkey Sat 15-Dec-12 23:39:26

I had 2 mmc before this pg. the second I passed naturally but I was in a huge amount of pain due to cramping and what was probably mini contractions to pass the clot. I do think you would have had some cramping/ pain if it was a mc. The waiting is terrible. You need to find something to distract yourself even if just watching box sets. I really wish you all the best or Monday.

ShrekTh3Halls Sat 15-Dec-12 23:44:00

I had three mc before ds1, and bled at 6 to 12 weeks of all my pgs with my three dc. in the last one I bled more than I had with any mc, and she hung in there - she's 7 smile FWIW get in bed and stay there if possible, it won't change the outcome but it will stop you feeling like you have caused a problem. and if there's any difference for it to make then it will get you a good rest. Good that there's no cramping, ime that's the difference between mc and not. But I'm no doctor, obv. Thinking of you, good luck x

scarlettsmummy2 Sun 16-Dec-12 00:10:24

I bled at about nine weeks with dd1, not a huge amount but enough to worry me, she was fine. Fingers crossed for you.

RoxyLady Mon 17-Dec-12 12:12:24

Had my scan and baby is fine!!!!!!!! I could scream im so happy.

Petcat Mon 17-Dec-12 13:43:30

That's brilliant news! So happy for you! Here's hoping you have a nice uneventful pregnancy from now on.

woose Mon 17-Dec-12 17:17:34

Roxy I am so happy for you. You must be thrilled smile

Hopefully things will go smoothly from now on xxx
Take care

ShrekTh3Halls Mon 17-Dec-12 22:49:09

brilliant grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now