Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pelvic Girdle Pain

(3 Posts)
MummySkinner Fri 14-Dec-12 14:45:58

Hi, Im after advice from anyone that has suffered from Pelvic Girdle Pain (SPD) I suffered from this with my last baby but only for the last 4 weeks so never got round to buying a Pelvic Support Belt. Im now 17 weeks and already experiencing the dreaded 'clicking' and wonder if anyone can advise me on a decent inexpensive support belt.

BabyBellasMumma Fri 14-Dec-12 20:08:20

Hi, I'm sorry that you are suffering with PGP, it's horrible! Like you I had it for the last few weeks of my first pregnancy but have been suffering since 16 weeks this time hmm
Have u spoken to your midwife about being referred for physio? My midwife put a referral in for me and I now have physio every few weeks, I've found it really helps. They also offered me a support belt for free although I haven't used it as the physio itself helps so much!

heather1 Fri 14-Dec-12 20:14:04

Please also try going to a good osteopath. I had SPD when pg with second DS. Physio and bandage mini skirt did nothing for me.
2 sessions with the Osteopath and it was 80% better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: