Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Husband doesn't want the baby.

(5 Posts)
FromHereToNextTuesday Fri 14-Dec-12 13:27:39

It's our 3rd. We considered a 3rd briefly but we decided not. I had late onset PND and I'm loads better, but it put us off. The tablets I'm taking made me really sick and I assume I wasn't keeping the contraceptive pill down.

I cannot cannot cannot abort this baby. This is my/our mistake and I'm not denying my own child a life because of this.

He isn't going to come round. This is going to be hell. But I'm keeping the baby.

NAR4 Fri 14-Dec-12 13:35:51

My husband felt too young to be having a 3rd already, when I got pregnant the 3rd time. He sulked all the way through and barely spoke to me, but as soon as I was in labour he fully supported me and fell head over heals in love with the baby as soon as he was born.

I hope it all works out alright for you.

greenj1 Fri 14-Dec-12 13:50:45

I feel for you, Im in a similar situation, we broke up earlier this year but still had sex...im now pregnant and he wants me to get rid of the baby. No way am I doing that, we have 3 children already and I just cant abort this child. Hopefully your husband will come round, if not you have to believe you are strong enough, You have a lot of support on here xx

neontetra Fri 14-Dec-12 13:53:45

Is he a good father to the others? If so, it is likely when he meets this baby it will be the same, he will love it like the others. For some men (and women I'm sure) I think the idea of a baby is harder to love than the smiling reality.

FromHereToNextTuesday Fri 14-Dec-12 15:38:39

He's a good dad, rubbish with babies but great with toddlers, generally unsupportive during pregnancy though and with other "abstract" things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now