Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding and cramping at 6 weeks..

(8 Posts)
Tinkerbell1996 Thu 13-Dec-12 20:27:51

I am looking for some reassurance if possible.. Has anyone else had a similar experience? And a happy outcome?

I am 6 weeks pregnant and started spotting 4 days ago. It started with slight cramps and light brown discharge which was only when i wiped. Then progressed to dark brown (still mild cramps) but still only when i wiped. I knew this was not uncommon but as you can imagine i still worried. I was referred to the EPU by my doctor. 2 days after the 'spotting' had started i had an internal scan which showed a healthy sack and heartbeat. This was great news, however later on the same day the cramps and bleeding got worse and now it feels, and looks like, my period. Im not exactly filling a pad but its red and is coming away when walking around and when i go to the toilet. I have not had any clumps or clots but with the cramping and red blood i am extremely worried.

I have another scan in 2 weeks time to see if there is any change but im struggling to stay positive about the outcome of the next scan as the bleeding doesn't seem to be stopping :-S

greenj1 Thu 13-Dec-12 20:36:33

I hope it all goes well for you, In my second pg I started having the same things as you, red blood ,cramps etc went for a scan and all was ok but i continued to bleed for another week, I was anxious the whole time. It was all fine and DS is a lively 8 year old now but it is really scary when there is bleeding. I have my fingers crossed for you xx

Tinkerbell1996 Thu 13-Dec-12 20:40:18

Thanks greenj1, thats exactly the type of thing i need to hear at the moment. Its my first pg so i have no idea what to expect. Its such a worrying time without this extra stress x

LadyKinbote Thu 13-Dec-12 20:41:45

Just wanted to wish you the best - a heartbeat at the scan is a good sign. Have you told them the bleeding's heavier now? They may let you do your second scan sooner than two weeks.

Tinkerbell2012 Thu 13-Dec-12 20:50:50

I told my doctor today that the bleeding is now worse, she told me there is nothing they can do either way and also that the heartbeat was a good sign. She told me i would know either way in 2 weeks time but she is off next week anyway! I could maybe try the EPU route again but i dont want to over-react when it was only yesterday that i seen a healthy heartbeat. Its so hard to know what to do, i just wish i knew what was happening.

Thanks for the well wishes :-) x

LadyKinbote Fri 14-Dec-12 02:46:12

See how it goes but if you do need reassurance sooner, just tell them you're bleeding a lot and in pain and need to know what's going on. But that's only if you want to. Probably just see how it goes and fingers crossed for two weeks time. Where I've had pregnancies that haven't worked out the pain and bleeding has been worse than a heavy period so you would probably know, although of course everyone's different. Let us know when you have some news!

Tinkerbell2012 Tue 18-Dec-12 21:50:06

Just thought I'd update.. I've had another scan and everything is fine. It had doubled in size in only a few days and had a healthy heartbeat. They still couldn't see a reason for the bleeding but I suppose it happens. Just going to try and relax and still have the other scan on the 27th to check everything is still ok. Thanks for the posts, they helped me stay positive! X

3rdtimelucky73 Wed 19-Dec-12 13:18:03

So glad you've already had another scan. I had no experience to tell you about, but I was going to suggest pushing for another scan as two weeks (I know) is too long for you to wait when you're distressed.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now