Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hip pain keeping me awake at night, will a pregnancy pillow help?

(3 Posts)
Havingkittens Thu 13-Dec-12 18:56:45

Hello, pretty much what is says in the title. Oh and shoulder and arm pain too. I've tried putting a pillow under my knee and that doesn't seem to help that much. Mostly because it's too big and getting in the way and also because I toss and turn so much that I keep having to drag it around the bed with me which is a palarva and equally disruptive to my sleep.

I've been looking at the pregnancy pillows online and can't work out which type would be best. Anyone have any opinions? I quite like the look of the ones which go all the way around so I can turn over without having to rearrange everything, but I've read reviews of the filling breaking up inside. So, who's tried what?

teacher123 Thu 13-Dec-12 19:13:27

Good tip that really worked for me! Put a spare double duvet under your bottom sheet on top of your mattress and sleep on that. It is the comfiest thing ever and stopped my hip pain straight away. It's also mega cosy now it's cold!

Havingkittens Fri 14-Dec-12 09:08:56

Thanks Teacher. I tried sleeping on a rectangle sleeping bag last night, so similar to a duvet folded over. It was an improvement but still woke up loads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now