Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Scared stupid

(8 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Thu 13-Dec-12 11:27:05

I'm 33 weeks pregnant With my first- so happy about becoming a mum but it's suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks that im gonna be giving birth soon.
It's making me feel panicking if I'm honest, I've read up on everything, spoke to friends/family and done a antenatal course is there anything else I can do to calm myself down?
Thanks

HelloOutThere Thu 13-Dec-12 11:33:34

What part are you particularly worrying about?

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 13-Dec-12 11:33:52

Hypnotherapy is meant to be excellent. I haven't got to the 'birthing' CD yet but I can highly recommend the Natal Hypnotherapy pregnancy relaxation CD. I got a package from here which includes 4 CDs: Pregnancy Relaxation, Preparing for Birth, Postnatal Recovery and Relaxing Birth Music.

I had never tried pregnancy hypnotherapy before (pregnant with DC3) but it has come highly recommended to me and I really feel like I'm doing something to prepare myself emotionally and mentally for the birth, as well as physically. It is normal to have moments of panic though - you will be doing something you've never done before and as adults we are not used to this! Towards the end I was actually looking forward to birthing DC1 because I was so fed up of being pregnant! I'm sure you'll take it in your stride and you sound like you're very proactive which is great.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 13-Dec-12 11:44:52

Thank u will try the Hypno cd looked into that a few months ago and completely forgot about it! Will order one today.
I scared about things going wrong- I know that's out of my control but keep thinking about it. And the gore of it all do many people telling me horror stories about being cut, shitting themselves, throwing up constantly, that the pain is unimaginable- I'll be honest I'm a complete wimp so that all scares me.
But bottom line I can't wait to meet my baby I know that pain will be worth it but am still bobbing myself in the meantime

HelloOutThere Thu 13-Dec-12 12:10:36

yes i can officially say you are completely normal!! I had all those fears for my pregnancies and all the other mums i know did too!! It would be odd if you didnt.

The only help can give is through all my births i have never pooed myself and even if i did the midwives have seen it all before, Re the pain everyone is so different but i always find imagine the pain is far far worse than the actual things smile

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 13-Dec-12 13:42:44

Thanks hello that's reassuring smile

recall Thu 13-Dec-12 13:45:23

you will find that you are OK as you progress into the zone, it is looking at it from afar that is freaky. Once you get going, you will take it in your stride, step by step.

NAR4 Thu 13-Dec-12 14:12:19

recall is right, it looks worse than it is. I have had 4 and when I watched one born every minute, was shocked by how awfull childbirth seemed.

Tell the midwife when you go into labour that you feel worried something will go wrong, so that she can reassure you as you progress. I had this worry 4th time round, for no reason at all. I told the midwife this and she was very reassuring. All was fine in the end.

There are some wonderfull drugs available during labour, so make use of whatever you feel you need. It really doesn't have to be painfull.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now