Talk

Advanced search

SPD/PGP Belt and Braxton Hicks

(3 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Wed 12-Dec-12 17:07:10

Been to see the physio today regatding spd and come back with a support belt. Since wearing it this afternoon evening I have noticed and braxton hicks that I have had are possibly painfull rather than just very uncomfatable. Has anyone had this experience with the belt or should start to monitor things? Im 27 weeks btw.

TimeyWimeyStuff Wed 12-Dec-12 17:12:07

It's a case of a rock and an actual hard place for me. I have an irritable uterus which means I get strong, painful BHs. but I also need SPD support. Wearing anything tight around the bump can trigger the tightenings, so I have to just wear it when necessary (maybe if I'm going to do a bit of walking, as that brings tightenings on anyway and the hip belt makes walking easier) and leave it off the rest of the time. The two combined can be very uncomfortable. You have my sympathies. If your BHs become regular waves or you have a show or water leakage, contact your MW. The same goes for if you have a "feeling" all is not well, or just want some reassurance.

happy2bhomely Wed 12-Dec-12 17:16:13

I have had the same the last two pregnancies. Irritable uterus with spd. Walking upstairs triggers bad braxton hicks, getting up too quick, restrictive waist band......both babies delivered after due date.

Timey's advice is spot on though and do contact your midwife if you are at all concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now