Talk

Advanced search

Emergency C-Sec with baby #1..

(6 Posts)
caramal Wed 12-Dec-12 15:45:20

Sorry not sure if posting in the right place..

I had a emergency C-Sec with our 1st child. After high blood pressure and queried pre-eclampsia on week of due date I was booked to be induced at 41+1. After 12 hours and 6m dilated I was rushed off for c-sec as my son was showing signs of distress.

TTC baby #2 but something I'm already anxious about is the birth. Don't know wether to just request a C-Sec incase there's complications again or hope I can have natural birth I would love.

Did anyone have to have an emergency c sec after complications/baby in distress 1st time but fine with subsequent labours?

Thanks

Rockchick1984 Wed 12-Dec-12 16:53:51

Not personally, but my best friend did (first baby distressed and she stopped dilating). Second baby natural labour, drug free, and means she can (hopefully!) have a VB for baby 3 as she would have had to have CS for third if had 2 CS already.

Why not look into planning a VBAC but ask for CS rather than induction if necessary?

HappyHippyChick Wed 12-Dec-12 16:58:05

My ds1 was an emcs and I have had three VBACs without too many problems (the first only 15 months after my cs). Good luck with whatever you choose.

OodKingWenceslas Wed 12-Dec-12 17:02:10

Ask your MW/cons to go through your previous birth with you to work out what happened& what could be planned for

Amnewtoallthis Wed 12-Dec-12 19:38:46

I had an EMCS after induced labour of 36 hours. I was fully dilated and pushed for three hours. Then - because I was in distress baby still fine - they tried ventouse then forceps - but DD1 was star gazing and had to be pushed up so I could have the CS. Midwife and the consultant have agreed to an elective CS on the basis my EMCS happened after everything else failed. Sounds like you might be able to go for a VBAC. Wish I could

caramal Wed 12-Dec-12 22:37:07

Thanks for your responses and advice il talk it through when the comes. Main priority is making sure baby arrives safely so il talk through my options with mw when the time comes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now