Talk

Advanced search

Hiccups?

(4 Posts)
AmmyT Mon 10-Dec-12 22:45:39

This might sounds strange, but I'm nearly 7 weeks... And the last week or so, I keep getting random spouts of hiccups... No where near drinking or eating times, just randomly throughout the day. I get them about 10 times a day and they only last about 5 hiccups at a time. Just me?

usernamegoeshere Mon 10-Dec-12 23:00:02

I have this, mine is like 1 hiccup a time, around 10-12 hiccups a day, except maybe in morning I get a few in a row. Started around 6-7 weeks & is ongoing still (currently 22 weeks).

Not hugely annoying, they don't wake me up or stop me doing anything. I often do a weird gurgle noise right before that makes me sound a bit strange on phone!!

I have asked every medical professional I have had contact with about ways to stop them... but they mostly just laugh & tell me its normal for some women. Most annoying thing was when OH used to try to scare them out of me but thankfully he stopped that now cos I told him now the baby can hear he will scare her!

RockabillyKitty Mon 10-Dec-12 23:22:08

Wait til the baby starts getting hiccups in the womb! V strange sensation!

AmmyT Mon 10-Dec-12 23:45:13

Ha ha. Thank you smile
At least I'm not the only one!
I make a strange gurgling noise before, too! Very strange smile
I really can't wait until I can feel that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now