Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Slapped cheek !!!!

(7 Posts)
Nuttyfilly Mon 10-Dec-12 00:58:40

My son has slapped cheek and im 20+ 6 weeks pregnant, i have read its a dangerous virus for pregnant women.
I will ring midwife in the morning, but i am a bit worried about it all.
Someone tell me im being daft.

kittencuddles Mon 10-Dec-12 05:59:22

Once you're past 20 weeks its no longer a danger. However, as you're just past this and the virus is contagious before its visible its probably worth ringing your midwife.

kittencuddles Mon 10-Dec-12 06:01:14

Oh and my midwife reassured me because you've probably had it in the past- it's very common and you wouldn't have realised so you'll be immune. I had a blood test and am immune.

KiwiPanda Mon 10-Dec-12 06:10:28

Most people are immune - but even if you are not (I was exposed to it when pregnant with DD2 and wasn't immune) it doesn't mean you will get it, and even if you get it it doesn't mean you will pass it on... Basically the odds are hugely in your favour smile

Nuttyfilly Mon 10-Dec-12 08:10:11

Thank you for you replies, im off to dr's just to be safe.

SeeYouSoon Mon 10-Dec-12 10:34:29

I've just been through the same by am a couple if weeks behind you. They will to a blood test and check for imunity, most people have had it so likelihood is you are immune, but even if not as said above the most danger is in 1st trimester and you're past that.

Nuttyfilly Mon 10-Dec-12 12:23:23

They didnt blood test me, dr said i shouldnt be at risk as my son has had it before, rang the midwife to and she said i will be fine. Phew panic over.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: