Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Got preganant with IUD copper coil.

(5 Posts)
Clouise1626 Sat 08-Dec-12 13:02:58

Hi, I found out i was preganant after my coil literally just fell out!. Went to family planning to have a new one inserted and find out I must have already concieved with the coil in place. Fun fun.
What i am worried about is im currently 6+2days preganant and experiencing some stomach cramping, not agony but sore enough to prevent me picking up my one year old. As the IUD was inserted when i concieved could the preganancy be eptopic and if so should i go see someone before i end up losing my tubes?
Very worried.
Any help would be useful!

greenj1 Sat 08-Dec-12 15:35:52

I would go straight to your doctor, Im about as far along as you and I have very mild cramps but it is not stopping me doing anything xx

SoHHKB Sat 08-Dec-12 21:07:16

Yep, get to doctor or A&E if it gets worse or is tricky to get appt at weekend
I conceived with a copper coil in place - I'm 35 weeks now and all is well but they really stressed the possibility of ectopic at the start. Also, the early cramping I felt was like my body was trying to push the coil out - I felt much more comfortable once it had been removed (around 10 weeks)

NatashaBee Sat 08-Dec-12 21:16:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Clouise1626 Wed 12-Dec-12 18:40:56

Hi thanks for all your posts sorry for being so late replying but went to early pregnancy and everythings as it should be for how far along i am so good news!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: