Talk

Advanced search

Got preganant with IUD copper coil.

(5 Posts)
Clouise1626 Sat 08-Dec-12 13:02:58

Hi, I found out i was preganant after my coil literally just fell out!. Went to family planning to have a new one inserted and find out I must have already concieved with the coil in place. Fun fun.
What i am worried about is im currently 6+2days preganant and experiencing some stomach cramping, not agony but sore enough to prevent me picking up my one year old. As the IUD was inserted when i concieved could the preganancy be eptopic and if so should i go see someone before i end up losing my tubes?
Very worried.
Any help would be useful!

greenj1 Sat 08-Dec-12 15:35:52

I would go straight to your doctor, Im about as far along as you and I have very mild cramps but it is not stopping me doing anything xx

SoHHKB Sat 08-Dec-12 21:07:16

Yep, get to doctor or A&E if it gets worse or is tricky to get appt at weekend
I conceived with a copper coil in place - I'm 35 weeks now and all is well but they really stressed the possibility of ectopic at the start. Also, the early cramping I felt was like my body was trying to push the coil out - I felt much more comfortable once it had been removed (around 10 weeks)

NatashaBee Sat 08-Dec-12 21:16:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Clouise1626 Wed 12-Dec-12 18:40:56

Hi thanks for all your posts sorry for being so late replying but went to early pregnancy and everythings as it should be for how far along i am so good news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now