Talk

Advanced search

Non alcoholic Xmassy drinks

(29 Posts)
princesschick Thu 06-Dec-12 14:46:46

As winter pimms, mulled wine & cider, champers, bellinis, G&Ts, red wine, baileys and all the other delicious drinks are off limits this year (sad), I'm just wondering if any of you ladies have any non alcholic xmassy drinks ideas?

So far I'm thinking:

Sparkling elderflower
Sparkling apple
Sparkling grape juice (not Schloer tho - ick)
Warm spiced apple juice
Some sort of orangey cranberry concoction
Hot choc

Any other ideas? smile

AmIGoingMad Thu 06-Dec-12 15:13:56

Feel good cocktails from Tesco do a good non alcohol monitor

Nigella did a lovely pomegranate juice with ginger ale

Apple juice and ginger ale also very nice!

AmIGoingMad Thu 06-Dec-12 15:14:19

Mojito not monitor !!!

AmIGoingMad Thu 06-Dec-12 15:15:29

Oo and morrisons do a lovely mulled orange juice with ginger and spices!

I have been researching!!!

princesschick Thu 06-Dec-12 15:17:17

Ooh, GoingMad those all sound lovely. I hadn't thought to look out for non alcoholic cocktails - yum! I'll have a look on the web for the Nigella juice drink too. Thank you xx

dinkystinky Thu 06-Dec-12 15:18:49

Bottlegreen spiced berry cordial is a good replacement for mulled wine. Smells and tastes christmassy.

princesschick Thu 06-Dec-12 15:19:24

Mulled orange juice? My you're spoiling us wink

I found the Nigella recipe for 'ginger pom' - www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/ginger-pom-recipe/index.html

goralka Thu 06-Dec-12 15:21:53

sea breeze without the vodka is lovely...here

sundaesundae Thu 06-Dec-12 15:23:58

I'm going to miss Baileys, I think I shall just drink cream instead.

HarlettHoHoHoScara Thu 06-Dec-12 15:25:21

Sainsburys non alcoholic sparkling wine is quite nice.

So glad I can have the real thing this year though smile

grainmum Thu 06-Dec-12 15:26:47

do you think putting mulled wine spices into red grape juice would work?

BraveLilBear Thu 06-Dec-12 15:40:01

Hahaha at SundaeSundae my DP just bought a litre bottle of the stuff cos it was on offer in Tesco. Seriously thought of just dipping my finger in a carton of cream... but didn't.

Will get my first chance to try these on Saturday - two Xmas events back-to-back in the same night!

MyDaydream Thu 06-Dec-12 15:47:27

I've been drinking Fentimans cola and ginger beer when I'm going for drinks at people's houses. And flavoured sparkling water, which is usually really cheap too.

longjane Thu 06-Dec-12 15:53:13

the topical fruit juice drink in cartons at the co op is nice too

haggisaggis Thu 06-Dec-12 16:17:04

Bought a non-alcoholic mulled wine thing from Ikea which tastes fairly reasonable.

I made my son some hot milk with cinnamon, vanilla and a little honey today. It was delicious and very xmassy smile

'Carston' juices are very good too. I drank a lot of their apple and ginger when I was pregnant.

Persuasion Thu 06-Dec-12 16:36:50

Copella do a nice mulled juice which is mostly apple but for some reason is red. Tastes lush though!

I'm still bitter because I bought a litre bottle of Baileys the day before I found out I was pregnant. now I have to sit and watch DH drinking it.... envy

photochick Thu 06-Dec-12 17:10:24

We often make mulled apple juice at Christmas as my parents don't drink - make just as you would mulled wine (with some apples, oranges, lemon and a mulled wine sachets) but use apple juice instead. We made a big vat of it recently and even the drinkers enjoyed it. its cheaper too!
When I am out I do like a cranberry and soda - looks prettty too!

comeonbishbosh Thu 06-Dec-12 17:47:29

Not 0% alcohol but v low and a good alternative if you are missing G&Ts.
Tonic water + about 5 drops of angastora bitters (common ingredient in cocktails and gives it that slightly herbal tang).
+ ice and slice!

owlface Thu 06-Dec-12 18:12:44

Asda have a lovely spiced apple juice, delicious warmed up.

LittlemissChristmas Thu 06-Dec-12 19:26:53

I've also bought the Coppela winter warmer to try.

NarcolepsyQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 19:35:37

M&S do bottles of non-alcoholic mulled wine - it's tres yum!

milkyjo Thu 06-Dec-12 21:46:20

Mmmmm I have been having virgin mojitos in All Bar One, I can't get enough of them! They have ginger ale or beer in them but lots of sugar as well as the other ingredients, minus the rum! I am going to steal the recipe next time!

ivanapoo Fri 07-Dec-12 08:02:46

If you are near a good Italian deli, try Sanbitter, mixed with freshly squeezed orange juice over ice.

I also like San Pellegrino blood orange sparkling drink.

Another interesting combination is ginger beer and pink grapefruit juice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now