Talk

Advanced search

Signed off work, can I go out??

(5 Posts)
Mrsb999 Thu 06-Dec-12 11:58:36

Hi, went to docs yesterday as have been having joint pain which comes and goes, As I suspected its SPD and doc has referred me to physio. Whilst I was there however doctor took my blood pressure which was slightly high and did urine test which showed very small traces of protein. He was concerned as I mentioned I'd been having headaches. He signed me off work for 2 days which came as a shock as I feel fine but he was pretty insistent that I have the time off.

Went back to see the nurse as requested today and blood pressure and urine are both now absolutely fine, she also took some blood to send off for testing.

I asked the nurse if I still needed to be off work and she said yes if that's what the doctor has said!

Anyway do I have I stay in for two days now or am I ok to go out and about?? Last time I was signed off work I was bed ridden so didn't have much choice but this time is different!

Sorry for waffling on!

nannyl Thu 06-Dec-12 12:02:09

you can do whatever you except work

i dont think you are covered by insurance if you are signed off then go to work anyway, but if you feel well enough to get some christmas shopping in or go and see a friend or whatever then nothing is stopping you

Mrsb999 Thu 06-Dec-12 12:03:44

Thanks, I feel guilty as I feel fine!

10storeylovesong Thu 06-Dec-12 13:15:05

I was signed off work last week for a week and still nipped out for an hour here and there. There's a difference in my mind between working my usual 10 hour shift and being out where I can sit down, have a drink etc when needed. Probably do you better than being stuck in all day!

Ameliac28 Thu 06-Dec-12 14:42:04

You can't stay in your get cabin fever lol if you feel well enough to have a look around the shops or go for a walk etc then I would say go for it and enjoy ur time off work x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now