Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a mat B1 form from?

(11 Posts)
lurcherlover Wed 05-Dec-12 21:08:30

I meant to ask for it at my 20 week scan last week and forgot (although in my last pregnancy they just gave it me, I didn't have to ask for it). Do I have to go back to the hospital for one or will my GP give me one, do you think?

BluelightsAndSirens Wed 05-Dec-12 21:10:52

Ring your surgery and ask to speak to a nurse, or call and speak with your midwife.

HarlettHoHoHoScara Wed 05-Dec-12 21:11:31

Your GP or midwife.

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Dec-12 21:12:02

I have always got mine from my community midwife at 24 week appt.

piprabbit Wed 05-Dec-12 21:12:13

I got mine from my community MW, if you haven't already got an appt. with them you should give them call as they will do regular checks on you as well as issuing your MATB1.

Catree Wed 05-Dec-12 21:12:42

Ask at local Dr's surgery, your GP can do one for you. Mine did one for me as I forgot when I saw the midwife. (Although your midwife can also give you one at your next appt if you have any coming up soon)

lurcherlover Wed 05-Dec-12 21:29:58

I'm not seeing the community mw again until 25 weeks, and I think you have to hand it in by then (plus that'll be in the Christmas holiday so I will be 26 weeks when I go back to work in Jan). I'd like to get it this week really - will ring the GP tomorrow and see what they say.

TwitchyTail Wed 05-Dec-12 22:31:56

GP surgery is easiest. If the GP hasn't seen you at all during pregnancy they will probably need to see you for a brief appointment. If they've seen you at least once, you should be able to organise the whole thing through the receptionist and just pick it up.

1978andallthat Wed 05-Dec-12 23:32:25

Got mine from GP both times

Ameliac28 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:15:12

I got mine from my widwife

SeeYouSoon Thu 06-Dec-12 09:22:50

Speak to your work, I’m not seeing my mw till 28 weeks but work are fine with getting it then. If you do need it before, your mw might be happy to leave one on reception at the surgery for you to pick up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now