Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chest pressure/pain when bending over or lying down. Any ideas??

(8 Posts)
MightBeMad Wed 05-Dec-12 20:40:16

Evening all. Can anyone shed any light on what's going on with me today? I'm 7+1 and every time I bend over (so my head is level/lower than my heart) or lie down, I get a strange pressure/pain sensation in my chest when I breathe. It's not hugely severe, just uncomfortable.

I have no other pain or cramps and although I have had a very little bit of brown spotting recently that seems to have stopped (I.e. I don't think I have signs of ectopic, which crossed my mind at first). I do feel slightly light headed at times but that seems par for the course for me in the first trimester.

Any ideas what it could be (and I can make it go away)? Could it be heart burn? Doesn't feel like burning and is so intermittent...

MightBeMad Wed 05-Dec-12 22:03:11

Anyone?

hellymelly Wed 05-Dec-12 22:08:36

Is it to do with your ribs expanding, eg might you have changed shape slightly so that your ribs are a bit squashed when you bend, or would it still happen if you breathed out and then didn't breath back in for a moment? I would mention it to your GP if it goes on, but I did get all sorts of odd twinges while pregnant that were to do with general expansion.

MyLittleAprilSunshine Wed 05-Dec-12 22:11:52

The lightheadedness is most likely due to your low blood pressure, as I have had that all the way through the pregnancy.

Pain, not so much. Unless you have a chest infection or such as well as being pregnant. If that is the case, ask the doctors what you can and cannot take when pregnant.

MightBeMad Wed 05-Dec-12 22:20:41

Thanks both. No chest infection (thankfully) and I don't think I've started to change shape much yet but you never know, pregnancy does do all sorts of weird things! I think you're right about the blood pressure, sunshine. Off to bed and hope it, and the re-started bkeeding sad get better tomorrow.

MyLittleAprilSunshine Wed 05-Dec-12 23:00:37

If the bleeding continues and/or becomes heavier, book an appointment with midwife/GP.

Wish you a good nights sleep smile

mysterymeg Thu 06-Dec-12 06:59:54

I'vemanaged to pull a muscle in my chest throwing up!! [Confused]

It's made my chest hurt if I move awkwardly. Could it be something like that?

Coincidentally I have also been having brown spotting.midwife has been very reassuring but as its gone on for a few days has got me a doctors appt for this morning and I may be sent for a scan. So I agree with sunshine that you should get some advice.

MightBeMad Thu 06-Dec-12 07:24:34

Thanks all. I've booked myself a private scan as midwife was unconcerned but I need reassurance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now