Talk

Advanced search

Infection found...

(7 Posts)
StuckOnTopOfTheChristmasTree Mon 03-Dec-12 17:07:36

... in my urine test following my booking in appointment. I am not going to google and am assuming that mumsnet can reassure me that this is very common, and that when I see the doc tomorrow that I'll just get a routine dose of antibiotics???

Anyone else had this? Anything I should be aware of when I see the doc tomorrow?

ohfunnyface Mon 03-Dec-12 17:11:40

Very normal, antibiotics and then you'll be better. Try not to worry.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 17:23:32

I got a nasty one at 8 weeks that landed me in A&E with agonising back ache - turned out to be kidney pain. The A&E doc said its what he calls the joy of motherhood! Very common, especially in first trimester. Just make sure that whoever is prescribing antibiotics knows you're pregnant.

StuckOnTopOfTheChristmasTree Tue 04-Dec-12 12:48:43

Thanks for the advice - apparently lots of us can have a mild bacterial infection without symptoms which is what is picked up in the standard urine tests. If pregnant its best to get it cleared up as soon as identified so it doesn't cause any other complications.
So I've been given some peniciliin which is perfectly safe during pregnancy.
Hope this helps anyone else that gets one of those letters!

sanam2010 Tue 04-Dec-12 14:11:28

don't worry, i had one almost throughout the whole pregnancy with DD1, did 3 courses of antibiotics but they never seemed to help. didn't have any symptoms though as far as i could tell and baby was absolutely fine. very common.

twinklesparkles Tue 04-Dec-12 19:47:28

You'll be fine hun

I had this a few weeks ago, infection found in urine test.
I had a call from gp asking me to go in.
Had another test the week after and all clear.

I did have a slight cold/cough the week I did the first test the gp said it couldve just been that.

All fine and I'm sure you will be too smile

Paradisefound Tue 04-Dec-12 19:53:10

Yes I had the same at 7 weeks, took antibiotics. All ok. Very common.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now