Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Lump in breast, normal? Trying so hard to not panic...

(5 Posts)
mrsdaisaku Sun 02-Dec-12 16:11:17

Okay, so just discovered a lump in the top part of my left breast. I'm 35 + 5 weeks pregnant with twins and obviously already very anxious. But discovering this so close to the birth of my daughters is a little difficult. I looked up a little about it and seen that perhaps it could be just a blocked milk duct (praying that it is). Its like a little pebble and moves under the skin. I have stopped investigating things too much as I don't want to send myself into a complete panic. I will obviously be making an appointment with my GP first thing in the morning.

Has this happened to anyone else and its turned out to be nothing...??

CityDweller Sun 02-Dec-12 18:03:59

Yes, I had this (although not while pregnant). What you describe sounds exactly like my lump - a hard round pebble-like lump that I can move around. Mine was just a benign cyst (and it's still there, same size and shape about 5 yrs later). My mum has them too, it turns out.

But do go to doctor and get it checked out as soon as you can - if only to put your mind at rest.

Nicky1306 Sun 02-Dec-12 18:42:00

Yes I have one , hard round pebble sized lump, went to docs to get it checked out and apparently it's a "skin lump " it's on my bra line and driving me nuts, so for that reason I'm having it removed. Go and get yours looked are to be on the safe side.
Congratulations on your twins! smile x x

mrsdaisaku Sun 02-Dec-12 19:45:52

Thankyou ladies, that is certainly reassuring, lets hope its nothing and I can laugh about being so panicky about it. smile

Ouchy Sun 02-Dec-12 20:13:50

Hi I had the exact same thing as you describe in my first pregnancy. I panicked, went to doctor. It was a milk duct. smile

So I'd say relax, go to the doctor to being the safe side to get confirmation that all is fine, but in the meantime definitely don't worry.

Good luck with the twins! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: