Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Harmony test

(4 Posts)
Arranoxford Sat 01-Dec-12 18:56:10

Does anybody know of i can get Harmoney test from Prof Nicholeides for free. I am 13 weeks and 3 days. They told me it was 400 pounds plus 180 for nuchal.

Advice welcomed x

VioletElizabethBott Wed 05-Dec-12 19:30:32

I think you've just missed the freebie period sadly (I was given the Harmony a couple of weeks ago but wasn't told what this mysterious blood test was until I was actually there at 10 weeks).

If you are at all worried by your NHS nuchal test results, worried enough to consider CVS for instance, the £400 is the same as CVS or amnio done privately at the clinic (by the Professor - who is the best in the country) and non-invasive.

But have you had the nuchal fold on the NHS already?

It's a brilliant test which I would have paid for had I known about it and not lucked out. But I know £400 is a lot of money.

The Fetal Medicine Centre is a BRILLIANT place - their research is cutting edge and many of their staff are in London only so they can train with the Professor.

GrumpySod Sun 30-Dec-12 15:39:42

£400?! I had to pay £700 for amnio at FMC, I think, and that was almost 6 years ago.

YikesHereWeGo Tue 01-Jan-13 15:15:09

I've just booked in for the Harmony test at FMC. It's still free if you book in for the nuchal scan (which costs £180) BUT you have to have bloods done in week 10 for this offer to apply. Otherwise you pay £400 for the Harmony bloods plus the £180 for nuchal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: