Talk

Advanced search

Harmony test

(4 Posts)
Arranoxford Sat 01-Dec-12 18:56:10

Does anybody know of i can get Harmoney test from Prof Nicholeides for free. I am 13 weeks and 3 days. They told me it was 400 pounds plus 180 for nuchal.

Advice welcomed x

VioletElizabethBott Wed 05-Dec-12 19:30:32

I think you've just missed the freebie period sadly (I was given the Harmony a couple of weeks ago but wasn't told what this mysterious blood test was until I was actually there at 10 weeks).

If you are at all worried by your NHS nuchal test results, worried enough to consider CVS for instance, the £400 is the same as CVS or amnio done privately at the clinic (by the Professor - who is the best in the country) and non-invasive.

But have you had the nuchal fold on the NHS already?

It's a brilliant test which I would have paid for had I known about it and not lucked out. But I know £400 is a lot of money.

The Fetal Medicine Centre is a BRILLIANT place - their research is cutting edge and many of their staff are in London only so they can train with the Professor.

GrumpySod Sun 30-Dec-12 15:39:42

£400?! I had to pay £700 for amnio at FMC, I think, and that was almost 6 years ago.

YikesHereWeGo Tue 01-Jan-13 15:15:09

I've just booked in for the Harmony test at FMC. It's still free if you book in for the nuchal scan (which costs £180) BUT you have to have bloods done in week 10 for this offer to apply. Otherwise you pay £400 for the Harmony bloods plus the £180 for nuchal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now