Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bleeding gums

(5 Posts)
Bud123love Sat 01-Dec-12 18:01:46

I am 8 weeks pregnant and havent had bleeding gums yet, is there cause for concern? Xx

Wommer Sat 01-Dec-12 18:04:22

Personally mine got worse as I went along - weren't too bad early on and were awful just before DS was born.
Think it's like most pg symptoms though - some people have it, some have it a bit and some don't at all - I didn't have any ms at all and that was nothing to worry about smile

Dandelion75 Sat 01-Dec-12 18:55:52

I've had bleeding gums since about 10 weeks. I've spoken to my dentist about it at my check up and she said its really common and nothing to worry about. She recommended using mouthwash regularly as it will toughen up your gums a bit. Not sure if its made a difference to me though - 22 weeks now and am spitting loads of blood when I brush

A work colleague had it so bad that getting up too fast or walking too quickly around the office would make her gums start bleeding instantly shock

Think it's really nothing to worry about - but agree its not very nice!

beckie90 Sat 01-Dec-12 19:26:41

I'm only 4weeks just found out yest and what made me think I was is because my gums became so sore last couple of days and bleeding. But didn't really have it with other 2 DC's so not to worry if you don't have it I got abit later on with my 1st so maybe ul get it then x

Bud123love Sun 02-Dec-12 20:59:29

Thanks everyone! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: