Talk

Advanced search

40+1 and miserable with restless leg syndrome

(8 Posts)
MoragG Sat 01-Dec-12 09:40:03

Anyone else? I am getting so little sleep due to restless leg syndrome that I'm struggling to function during the day (don't want to drive the car any more in case I bump/crash it). Have DD1, so can't rest as much as I would like. Does anyone have any top tips for alleviating this? Midwife tried to do a sweep on Thursday with no success, so don't think I am going into labout any time soon sad

Seriouslysleepdeprived Sat 01-Dec-12 10:41:18

I had restless legs toward the leg too & found bananas helped. I would have one before bed, I think they helped me sleep too smile

BionicEmu Sat 01-Dec-12 10:47:53

I get restless legs, so my sympathies, it's awful.

Some people say don't exercise your leg muscles before bed, but I find the opposite. I stand on a step with my heels just off the front of it and rise onto my tip-toes and back down. Repeat as many times as I can. It seems to simultaneously stretch and wear out my calf muscles, giving me enough respite to be able to go to sleep.

Weissdorn Sat 01-Dec-12 14:41:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cookiesandcoffee Sat 01-Dec-12 21:00:32

Am 38 weeks and have also been suffering lots so deepest sympathies. Too tired to function and look after DD as well. The only advice I can offer is making sure you're drinking enough water throughout the day. My MW even suggested adding a little salt to food if you don't normally add any when cooking?! I found keeping up water consumption might have helped. Really hope it eases for you, I'm praying for an imminent labour here myself!

Weissdorn Sun 02-Dec-12 10:17:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoragG Sun 02-Dec-12 17:53:20

Thanks very much for all the suggestions! Tried eating a banana and drinking some tonic water before bed last night, and seemed to sleep better, but this may been coincidental or just becasue I was absolutely knackered. Sounds like Valerian and drinking more water may be worth trying.

appletiser Mon 03-Dec-12 05:05:25

Hi hope u continue to get a good nights sleep - I suffer from
Restless legs Aswell - I find its worse when I'm tired / sleepy so unfortunately so even a lil rest during day helps - also caffeine avoidance helps a lot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now