Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wrist and ankle tingling!

(6 Posts)
SilverSixpence Fri 30-Nov-12 23:07:04

Im being driven mad with a horrible sensation in my wrists and ankles, it's not quite tingling, more like a fingernails-on-blackboard cringey sensation. Its usually at its worse in the evenings.

Is this carpal tunnel and is there such a thing as ankle nerve compression? Anything I can do about it?

SilverSixpence Sat 01-Dec-12 14:42:24

Anyone?

looneytune Sat 01-Dec-12 16:11:43

Can't help but I suggest you ask this question is the general health section as you might get more help? If it's really bothering you, I'd also call your out of hours GP. Hope you get some help soon.

Bue Sat 01-Dec-12 16:23:30

Sounds like you have carpal tunnel and tarsal tunnel. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it - I think you might be able to wear a splint?? I'd try the GP if it is really bothering you.

Shellywelly1973 Sat 01-Dec-12 17:04:58

Agree with Bue.

I had severe Carpel Tunnel Syndrome with my 4th pregnancy. Used splints on both hands,ibuprofen gel & when i was literally going mad with the pain&disturbed sleep, pain killers.

Speak to your GP or midwife.

SilverSixpence Sun 02-Dec-12 00:08:26

Thanks everyone - those that had it did it improve after giving birth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now