Talk

Advanced search

Just found out

(8 Posts)
gloti Thu 29-Nov-12 22:47:47

Hi all

I am freaking out right now.... Half hour ago I was scanning this forum checking whether the sainsburys own brand tests were reliable as I had a faded cross. I was so nervous that I run to local tesco and bought one that said 'Pregnant'.

I am home alone as my other half is playing football and not due back for another hour. This is what we wanted and I am extremely happy but I am completely numb!

OMG I think it hasn't really sunk in yet... Wow! I normally am a very emotional person and cry at even the John Lewis advert and for some reason I am not reacting as I thought I would! Did this happen to you? no physical emotion just yet...

But so so so happy, it is early days but I hope everything goes well! xxx

missymoomoomee Thu 29-Nov-12 22:50:04

grin CONGRATULATIONS thanks

melliebobs Thu 29-Nov-12 22:52:31

Awwww congratulations smile

Everyone reacts differently. With me it's something dh and I really really wanted. He sobbed and I was a bit like. Right. Best get planning then broke down a few weeks later blush

honeytea Thu 29-Nov-12 22:54:28

Congratulations!! I was exactly the same i felt compleatly numb when i fist became pregnant even though we had been trying for over a year.

I sobbed and sobbed at our first scan smile

mummytobe1990 Thu 29-Nov-12 22:56:16

aww congrats hunni, every1 reacts differently to the news, we didnt think we cud get pregnant but then i was late on and did a test just in case, it came up positive instantly and i spent an hour grinning like a cheshire cat then the next 2 hours sobbing my heart out and then i just sat there staring at a wall blankly lol. my hubby nerli crashed the car when i called to tell him!

gloti Thu 29-Nov-12 23:06:21

haha that is so funny! (not the nearly crashing!)
Thank you so much everyone, I have just been navigating this site the amount of info is incredible! it is going to take me a few days to keep up with everything... :-)
thanks again... not long till BF comes!!!

missymoomoomee Thu 29-Nov-12 23:08:20

Don't expect too much of a reaction from him if its a surprise. My DHs rections have ranged from 'Congratulations' to 'So thats why you have been so moody' when informing him of our impending parenthood smile.

I couldn't believe how controlled I felt in the bathroon doing the pg test and seeing the 2 lines come up. Walked into bedroom ready to show him and say something - but instead I just started blubbing grin
Pretty much been blubbing on a regular basis since then!!!!

Congratulations and hope you have a healthy pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now