Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Just found out

(8 Posts)
gloti Thu 29-Nov-12 22:47:47

Hi all

I am freaking out right now.... Half hour ago I was scanning this forum checking whether the sainsburys own brand tests were reliable as I had a faded cross. I was so nervous that I run to local tesco and bought one that said 'Pregnant'.

I am home alone as my other half is playing football and not due back for another hour. This is what we wanted and I am extremely happy but I am completely numb!

OMG I think it hasn't really sunk in yet... Wow! I normally am a very emotional person and cry at even the John Lewis advert and for some reason I am not reacting as I thought I would! Did this happen to you? no physical emotion just yet...

But so so so happy, it is early days but I hope everything goes well! xxx

missymoomoomee Thu 29-Nov-12 22:50:04

grin CONGRATULATIONS thanks

melliebobs Thu 29-Nov-12 22:52:31

Awwww congratulations smile

Everyone reacts differently. With me it's something dh and I really really wanted. He sobbed and I was a bit like. Right. Best get planning then broke down a few weeks later blush

honeytea Thu 29-Nov-12 22:54:28

Congratulations!! I was exactly the same i felt compleatly numb when i fist became pregnant even though we had been trying for over a year.

I sobbed and sobbed at our first scan smile

mummytobe1990 Thu 29-Nov-12 22:56:16

aww congrats hunni, every1 reacts differently to the news, we didnt think we cud get pregnant but then i was late on and did a test just in case, it came up positive instantly and i spent an hour grinning like a cheshire cat then the next 2 hours sobbing my heart out and then i just sat there staring at a wall blankly lol. my hubby nerli crashed the car when i called to tell him!

gloti Thu 29-Nov-12 23:06:21

haha that is so funny! (not the nearly crashing!)
Thank you so much everyone, I have just been navigating this site the amount of info is incredible! it is going to take me a few days to keep up with everything... :-)
thanks again... not long till BF comes!!!

missymoomoomee Thu 29-Nov-12 23:08:20

Don't expect too much of a reaction from him if its a surprise. My DHs rections have ranged from 'Congratulations' to 'So thats why you have been so moody' when informing him of our impending parenthood smile.

StuckInTheFensAwayFromHome Fri 30-Nov-12 10:12:34

I couldn't believe how controlled I felt in the bathroon doing the pg test and seeing the 2 lines come up. Walked into bedroom ready to show him and say something - but instead I just started blubbing grin
Pretty much been blubbing on a regular basis since then!!!!

Congratulations and hope you have a healthy pregnancy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: