Talk

Advanced search

Differences in pregnancys. Is this normal in second/third pregnancy?

(6 Posts)
Marzipanface Wed 28-Nov-12 01:51:37

This is my third pregnancy, one didn't get past 12 weeks. The one is my lovely 3 year old DD.

I am 17 weeks and I swear I keep wetting myself! Only very slightly but enough for me to notice and have started to wear pads. This is now the second week of me wearing liners and I have to change them regularly as basically they start to smell.

I didn't have this in earlier pregnancies, mind you I had no morning sickness either whereas this time round... terrible!

Is this normal or am I incontinent?

differentnameforthis Wed 28-Nov-12 03:36:25

It is wee or perhaps discharge? If you feel it is not normal discharge (which can be quite prolific during pregnancy) please see a health care professional.

Marzipanface Wed 28-Nov-12 13:37:36

Nah. It's wee. Definitely.

TwistTee Wed 28-Nov-12 14:02:58

Hi, I could have written your post. Third pregnancy, one DD and one MC at 12 weeks.
With this pregnancy, I had such bad hyperemisis and would wee a bit everything I threw up, which was all the time for months.
I mentioned the wee to my MW and she referred me to the physio. It's all to do with muscles being weaker and the advise was to do the kegal pelvic floor exercises which I had sort of guessed anyway, but it's worth seeing the physio still as she was very helpful about how to do them properly and also gave me advise on how often I was emptying my bladder.

It did help, although not completely. Now that I have stopped throwing up, it only happens if I have a particularly strong sneeze.

FloweryBoots Wed 28-Nov-12 14:03:38

I can't vomit without a bit of wee leaking out blush. This is my second. Time to get going with those pelvic floor excercises, and there was me thinking I'd been fairly good at doing them, but more more more.

TwistTee Wed 28-Nov-12 14:04:04

Advice even.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now