Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First trimester boredom!

(22 Posts)
cupcake78 Tue 27-Nov-12 18:31:15

I'm bored, so extremely bored! I can't do much for sickness and have been like this for the last 3-4wkssad I can't read books as they make me dizzy. Daytime tv is rubbish. I miss working and walking dc to school and keeping the house tidy, cooking the tea, wanting to eat. I'm fed up with tasting sick, feeling sick and being sick. Everything smells so horrible!

Having early nights, relationship with dh is none existent and I haven't seem any friends in weeks.

Scan is another 3weeks away.
Is it just me or is this stage very frustrating, I feel so miserable!

efme Tue 27-Nov-12 18:59:12

It's not just you! It seems like every single thing I used to enjoy before pregnancy is off the cards now. It's so boring and you can't even talk to anyone, or get excited because it's too early.

I saw this thread a few weeks ago which made me feel a bit better (tho couldn't think of anything to add myself!)
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1618379-Things-to-love-about-being-pregnant

cupcake78 Tue 27-Nov-12 19:15:20

Thank you just for making me feel more human. Dh is going for a run tonight and I've asked him to take my head with him because its got major cabin fever.

LittlemissChristmas Tue 27-Nov-12 19:17:37

I know the feeling. I've spent all day in bed, getting very behind at work and poor DH is getting no help with house work. Just keep counting down to 12 weeks when hopefully it will be better

Dolallytats Tue 27-Nov-12 19:27:51

I'm with you!! I'm approx 7 weeks and have an appt with my GP next Fri (first one they had) to get the ball rolling. I feel sick all day (thank goodness I'm not being sick-phobia!!) My anxiety (I'm agoraphobic) has gone through the roof. I was managing to get out a bit more, but since I found out I was pregnant I've gone right downhill.

I'm getting nightsweats-gross!! and nothing tastes nice. Everything makes me feel queasy-except, strangely, chocolate eclairs, which seem to alleviate the sickness.

I wish I could go to sleep and wake up in July!!

Rosiesharples Tue 27-Nov-12 19:58:04

Snap!!! Feeling horrid! Constant nausea is making me really grumpy with DD and going to bed at 8.30 as sleeping is the only time I'm not feeling rubbish is doing nothing for conversation between DH and I! Roll on week 12ish (or July!) x

AmIGoingMad Tue 27-Nov-12 20:13:00

Same here! Feel rubbish. In tears all of the time, no energy, feel constantly guilty that I'm not performing any of my 'roles' well. Got signed off work for fortnight yesterday cos of burnout and have gone down with sickness bug overnight- hoping its that and not morning sickness ramping up further! Can't stop being sick, DH - who is awesome- has to work late tonight tomrw and thurs and DS is just getting over diarrhoea part of bug! Aaaaaaargh!

AmIGoingMad Tue 27-Nov-12 20:13:49

Sorry- read that bk and saw how negative it is- think I'm just feeling sorry for myself at the moment!

10storeylovesong Tue 27-Nov-12 20:17:46

I'm 17 weeks and still feeling like this!

cupcake78 Tue 27-Nov-12 20:19:43

I've just been naughty and had 1/2 a shot of brandy in some ginger wine complete with ice and a slice. It was bloody lovely

efme Tue 27-Nov-12 20:49:50

I've just eaten half a pound of chocolate cake toppings I found in the back of the cupboard ...

Cheffie100 Tue 27-Nov-12 20:51:35

Oh now how you feel- feels horrible not being able to tell anyone. Roll on second trimester freedom of speech and hopefully feeling brighter.

Good days and bad days. Keep smiling all

Rosiesharples Tue 27-Nov-12 20:51:43

Lol! Ginger wine?! Hmmm haven't tried that! X

butterflyexperience Tue 27-Nov-12 21:58:28

Dolly I've got the night sweats too!
Tis nasstttyy I tell ya!

I'm 6+1 and have been starting to feel dizzy and grump and tired.

I do hope I can keep the morning sickness at bay...

MissPopa1 Thu 09-Jul-15 14:38:23

I don't get why you can't tell anyone until 12 week's... I've been going in circles trying to figure out why...

MissPopa1 Thu 09-Jul-15 14:42:04

I don't get why we shouldn't tell anyone until 12 week's...

QforCucumber Thu 09-Jul-15 15:21:14

Miss at 12 weeks the risk of miscarriage reduces significantly, also if you haven't already had a scan it's what makes it more real for some.
I'm 4+2 and noone will know until 12 after a previous mmc at 8+2.

Feeling a bit crappy but work etc just think I have a bit of a cold and are worried I'm going to pass it around smile

Cheshirehello79 Thu 09-Jul-15 16:03:25

Hang in there ladies ... It does get better on your 2nd trimester. I know easy said and done. I went off water/ couldn't cook in the house as everything smelt off/ anyone around me stunk and couldn't see anyone as I was nervous might offend them and say they stink. Im now 19 weeks and just 2 days ago felt little beanster kick and it's all worth it.

Good luck to you all :-)

MissPopa1 Thu 09-Jul-15 16:11:20

Thank you so much for that.smile. I don't get bored easily... but I'm 3 weeks and I've never been so bored.... I feel silly... Especially because nobody else knows why I'm this way coz I must shhhhhh about it until 12 weeks

Junosmum Thu 09-Jul-15 18:20:18

I could have written your post. I'm now 12 weeks and the nausea is subsiding and I'm feeling much better, so it does pass. But the house is a state sad

Cheshirehello79 Thu 09-Jul-15 19:40:32

Miss Popa I entertained myself by looking what's online for the baby etc and that brought inner excitement :-)

MissMartin10 Thu 09-Jul-15 19:49:27

mee to! ive been signed off work since i was 7w2d with bad ms im 12w1d on monday when I return so ive had off just under 5weeks of lying in bed /sofa.. daytime tv .. sick and feeling v.sorry for my self hopefully the sickness will be fine soon and I'll get myself back in a routine.. hard work isnt it!??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now