Talk

Advanced search

30 weeks - can baby kicking actually feel like he is pushing me from inside? I feel a bit freaked out:-(

(9 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Tue 27-Nov-12 18:21:01

I have had lots of little flutters to date and I've loved feeling the baby moving. Over the last few days the movements have been getting more intense but now it feels as if the baby is pushing really hard from inside. It's not a little kick but really like he is giving me a good old shove.

Is this normal? Feels quite intense shock

DangerMousey Tue 27-Nov-12 18:27:20

Sounds very normal to me - as my baby has got bigger his movements have felt less like "kicks" and more like shoving/rolling movements. I think it's cos once he turned head-down the main movements I feel are his chubby ass rolling backwards and forwards across my belly as he shuffles position!

Am now 39+3 and his movements are getting smaller again as he's too bloody massive to move much any more. But I remember between about 30-36 weeks they were reall quite powerful! Xx

kellestar Tue 27-Nov-12 18:32:28

DD used to like to stretch her legs out, used to ache so much. She'd also do some summersaults and they were really uncomfy and used to make my bump do weird dances.

DC2 seems a quiet little thing so far. DD was savage from about 18 weeks and hated anything touching against the bump. smile

Tattoopixie Tue 27-Nov-12 18:53:40

I'm also 30 weeks and have been having the same thing. I keep getting a foot/hand being pushed out of my side really hard,it's really strange! The first time she did it I actually felt quite shocked and breathless by it but i've got used to it now. I guess it's because they have less room to really move around now. I also feel it really intensely whenever she moves or turns over, like she's really pushing against my stomach...it's incredible though even if it does feel bizarre!

Polyethyl Tue 27-Nov-12 19:11:29

I'm 31 weeks. I've never enjoyed the kicking, which always feels un-nerving to me. She wriggles, shoves, kicks, twists and turns. It's never ending.

Artemis206 Tue 27-Nov-12 19:38:20

33 weeks here and I'm also being pummelled from the inside. Feels very odd and makes me catch my breath sometimes. I don't remember my ds being this wriggly.

HastaLanugo Tue 27-Nov-12 19:41:49

Both my DDs (one still inside, 28 weeks) have hated anything pushing against the bump and push back. This baby always lashes out if I pull myself tight into my desk at work. She's currently back to back, so her feet/knees are around my belly button and giving the front of the bump a good old battering. It does sometimes feel like they are trying to escape!

Kellz92 Wed 28-Nov-12 17:04:19

if something pushes against my bump my baby pushes back. at my last scan she was pushing against where the probe was smile

rogersmellyonthetelly Wed 28-Nov-12 17:28:50

I used to get a banana shaped bump with dd, I think she used to try and stretch her legs out. Was bloody murder towards the end. Thankfully this baby only seems to do normal kicks and little popcorn punches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now