Talk

Advanced search

Written Confirmation from employer re:mat pay

(7 Posts)
Nicky1306 Tue 27-Nov-12 16:57:56

Has anyone had this ?? I go on leave in two weeks and so far , nothing!! I have had one risk assesment, and one meeting with the useless bint in HR who didn't know what I was entitled to! Ive had nothing in writing regarding my pregnancy starting to get on my last nerve now , they are so useless!! X x

Nicky1306 Tue 27-Nov-12 16:58:55

In case you can't see all the title I am referring (ranting) blush to written confirmation of mat pay from my employer x

I went on Mat leave at the end of October, due to pregnancy related illness (I'd originally planned on working up until end of Nov) and I received written confirmation quite quickly with a breakdown of exactly how much the pittance I'll receive as Mat pay until I return.

BikeRunSki Tue 27-Nov-12 17:07:42

First baby - got written confirmation from HR when baby was 3 months old!

Second baby - About 8 weeks later.

My line manager was full aware though. I had hyperemisis and she came to see me in hospital (in a nice way) both times.

joby21 Tue 27-Nov-12 17:14:31

i got my written confirmation yesterday. I finished work 4 weeks ago.

whiterose2011 Tue 27-Nov-12 17:21:24

I work in HR and we always confirm in writing what an employee is entitled to after a face to face meeting. We also arrange for our payroll team to have a 1:1 meeting before mat leave starts to confirm exactly what they should expect in their salary each month. We pay 50% of salary as mat pay but due to tax and NI, it's not as straightforward as just halving your take home pay so they give them a detailed breakdown.

If I were you, I'd email the HR dept and ask them to confirm in writing what your entitlement will be and what you can expect each month in terms of net pay so you know what you are getting is right. I'd also (politely) put a deadline on it or a red flag. Then you have reason to chase if you hear nothing back!

People like that give HR a bad name! We're not all incompetent, I can assure you! wink

Hope this helps! Good luck! Xx

Nicky1306 Tue 27-Nov-12 19:17:44

Thanks whiterose, our HR dept are shocking. I put in a formal grievance against my line manager and was told HR and her manager would investigate and get back to me in 10 working days, on Friday it will be a month, still heard nothing.....I can't wait to leave sad x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now