Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

terrified. please help me

(4 Posts)
huni1701 Tue 27-Nov-12 12:40:26

So, Im 26 years old, abd on 25th June this year I gave birth to a stillborn baby, she was the most beautiful girl youl ever seen, 37 weeks, I had preeclampsia and the hospital missed it.
But, due to being pregnant I had to wait to go for my first smear. I got the invitation 2 weeks ago and booked in last week. Exactly a week later my results are back saying they have found an abnormality, and it is severe dyskaryosis and I have to go for a colposcopy.
But here's where it gets scarier, on Friday last week I found out im expecting again.
Wer already terrified as I have hip dysplasia which makes pregnancy very painful, im likely to get preeclr again, and now this aswell.
Iv read up on it and it says you can still he treated during pregnancy but it's easier not to be. Abd with the problems I already have I really don't want to risk my baby by going through invasive treatment.

I know it's along shot but has any1 else had a similar problem? Will I be safe waiting til baby is here?

Please help me, im losing my mind.

Thank you
K

ZhenThereWereTwo Tue 27-Nov-12 12:54:36

Firstly I am so sorry for your loss.

I am not an expert on anything to do with dyskaryosis and have no personal experience, I would talk to your GP or consultant if you have one about your concerns.

With regard to pre-eclampsia, have heard somewhere that the Brewer Diet can help, but look it up and check with your GP/Midwife/Consultant.

With regard to hip dysplasia, there are exercises you can do to help, could you push for a physio referral?

I hope someone who knows more might be along soon to give you more info.

Take care

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Tue 27-Nov-12 14:37:02

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm afraid I'm also not an expert but I wanted to share that I had pre-eclampsia with my first pregnancy but not my second so you may well not get it again. It's true that you're at higher risk of PE if you've had it before, but the risk decreases with each pregnancy. Also being prescribed a daily dose of aspirin can help lower the risk of getting it. You'll likely be consultant-led this time so they can keep a better eye on you, though if you're (understandably) worried I'd advise getting a home blood-pressure monitor and checking daily yourself, that way if it does go up you can get checked out straight away.

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Tue 27-Nov-12 14:38:10

As for the hospital missing the PE, is there another hospital nearby that you could use instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now