Talk

Advanced search

please help. is the test positive?

(8 Posts)
huni1701 Tue 27-Nov-12 12:17:45

Ladies, my friend sent me a test lastnight.
She's wanted a baby for so long now and not once has she ever seen 2 lines on a pregnancy test. But lastnight she used a superdrug test and it showed 2 lines. One was the test line deep pink, and the preg line was really pale, definitely there but so pale. We said it could be an evap line but she did it all 11pm and it did have a tinge of pink t d line. But, Shes done another this morning and no line.

What I want t know is, has any of you got a faint line and a negative the next day yet still been pregnant?
Usually id tell her to take this as a negative but this month she's had so many symptoms:
Nausea and vommiting, fatigue so bad she wants t sleep all day, sore breasts and little white bumps around d areola - which was my first sign with both my pregnancies, lower back pain, and mood swings so bad u wouldn't believe.
She did have a period a week ago but hers are usually 4-5 days long and heavy, this one was only a day long and then just about non-existent the next day n finished. Which is just wot happened with me when I had my daughter, I bled the first month very lightly abd the following month found out I was 8 weeks gone.

I just need something to tell her as she's tried for so long she's losing hope. Her boyfriend has a low sperm count and it's killing them not conceiving.

Thank you in advance. And sorry for the long post.
(ps I tried to put a pic of the test on but it won't let me?)

Thanks xx

Ellypoo Tue 27-Nov-12 12:20:37

If she can, advise her to wait a couple of days and try again with fmu for the clearest result. It could have been an evap line, or the next one could have been a false negative. fx for a positive result for her.

ChocolateCoins Tue 27-Nov-12 12:25:28

Agree with above. Wait a few days and test again. Hope its a positive for her.

forgetmenots Tue 27-Nov-12 12:25:47

Yep, get a First response test which has the digital display (no room for imagining lines, or anything) and wait a day or two, test first thing am. Fingers crossed for her smile

SoupDragon Tue 27-Nov-12 12:26:58

The only time I had a very faint positive my period started 3 days later. I don't think there is anything to be gained by getting her hopes up other than suggesting she waits and tests again in a few days - maybe with one of the digital ones.

Longdistance Tue 27-Nov-12 12:59:12

I had a feint positive. She's asleep, but a total nut case grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 27-Nov-12 22:34:30

I agree with the restesting. Sometimes it's about urine concentration.

If they haven't already, I would ask them to test his prolactin levels to see if that's causing the low sperm count. That was our problem and is treatable.

bakerbakerfairycaker Tue 27-Nov-12 22:53:13

I had a feint line with evening pee and a negative the following morning. I wasn't pregnant and AF showed up 5 days later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now