Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen any la bassine birth pools on sale?

(11 Posts)
leannac Mon 26-Nov-12 21:14:11

I'm only 26 wks so have got plenty of time but want to buy a la bassine birthing pool for the grand event. They are so much cheaper than hiring, at £120 being cheapest I've seen so far but am constantly finding old threads where people got them for £50! If anyone has seen any sales or discounts, please share!

Thanks

JennyPiccolo Mon 26-Nov-12 21:16:30

I have one! I HAVE ONE. I could sell it to you, would that break mn guidelines or something though? Could really do with the cash. It's a mini one with full kit, still in the box, never even been opened.

I would sell it for £70, cost over 130.

Afrodizzywonders Mon 26-Nov-12 21:38:46

I also have one I'll be putting on eBay in a couple of weeks in case anyone was interested.

leannac Tue 27-Nov-12 06:33:48

Do either of you live in London? I've been scouring ebay for pools for a while & la bassine seem to go for anything from £40-70 but then £20 postage on top seems a bit steep so hoping to find one I can collect? Or could collect from certain areas in South Wales?

Would be fab if could just buy one from a fellow mumsnetter!

JennyPiccolo Tue 27-Nov-12 09:24:58

No, I'm in Glasgow. Might be able to stick it on the carrier at my work for cheaper though, I will find out.

Afrodizzywonders Tue 27-Nov-12 09:46:20

I'm mid wales......

zgaze Tue 27-Nov-12 09:56:59

Is it definitely La Bassine you are after? I'm in London and have a Birth Pool in a Box (the smaller size one) you could have for £50! Needs a new sterile liner but they are easy to get hold of.

leannac Tue 27-Nov-12 10:14:27

I'd prefer the bassine just as I had it recommended by a doula so if jennypiccolo could check out getting it posted through work that would be great. Otherwise ill be in touch with zgaze.

Where in mid Wales are you affrodizzywonders?

Afrodizzywonders Tue 27-Nov-12 17:25:19

Powys, not far from Machynlleth. I'm planning on using it again for baby 2, I sat in it for a bit last time and then got out, plan to do the same again as it was great for the transition bit.

leannac Tue 27-Nov-12 21:52:55

I may be near Builth wells in jan. I'll try to firm up our plans. Although ideally i would prefer to get one before then so we can practise with it long before due date!

Afrodizzywonders Wed 28-Nov-12 07:14:53

No worries, just DM me if you want further info. I liked to sit in it watching telly last time feeling weightless. It was very comfortable, all that was missing was a cocktail!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now