Talk

Advanced search

Bad reaction after flu jab?

(3 Posts)
Mylittlepuds Mon 26-Nov-12 10:04:28

I'm in bed aching head to toe. Anyone else get a reaction and how long did it last? I'm concerned if I feel like this what on earth has it done to the baby? I'm also a type one diabetic and my sugars have gone through the roof...

BonaDea Mon 26-Nov-12 10:50:38

puds - maybe call NHS direct. I haven't had a reaction like that before (and am T1 too as you know). Meantime, take some paracetemol which might help achiness and bring temp down a little if it is high.

The one time I have had a bad reaction to an immunisation (and I actually can't even remember what it was now, isn't that terrible), it was very localised in that my whole arm went red and puffy.

RooneyMara Mon 26-Nov-12 11:00:08

I've read a lot of people on here saying they reacted to the jab, try not to worry too much - mostly it was 2 or 3 days then they were fine.

I don't know about diabetes, sorry - I'd contact someone about that if it's making your sugars very high.

Just had whooping cough on the other day and arm is still sore but haven't had any illness with it - I'm avoiding the flu one though!

Hope you're Ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now