Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

heartburn

(8 Posts)
Lora1982 Sat 24-Nov-12 14:18:00

& reflux... will it ease off after the bumps dropped? i hate gaviscon and im muddling through with rennie and fruit flavoured versions and milk.. which was fine til last night.

i was exhausted and really needed to sleep but it was awful. felt like id be sick etc and ended up trying to sleep sitting upright.

im not going to bother with pills from the dr. ive only got 6 wks left (hopefully) just wondered if it eases when bump decends and gives your stomach a bit extra room? :'(

honeytea Sat 24-Nov-12 14:24:54

i'm sorry to day it didn't really help when my bump dropped sad I just needed a wee all the time and have heartburn.

I hate gaviscon too, it makes me gag but it is better than heartburn. I use the peppermint tablets and they get rid of the worst of it. I can't deal with the liquid gaviscon it makes me throw up.

If you do take the tablets chew 2 at a time relaly fast and then drink water and brush your teath, that is the most barable way I have found to do it.

Kafri Sat 24-Nov-12 14:26:56

Hey

Mine seems to ave eased lately. I'm 36 weeks now and bump hasn't dropped yet. I'd get it nightly as soon as I lay down to sleep. Lately it Santander bothered me-I had one really bad night, er 4 nights ago I think but other than that no trouble for a few weeks now. Sleeping much better and figure I can deal with the odd bad night like a had a few days ago.

MrsBradleyCooper Sat 24-Nov-12 14:30:51

If it's really really bad then they might prescribe you Zantac which is a miracle cure grin I have a hiatus hernia which I think was caused by my last pregnancy, and gaviscon won't even touch it.

Basically the gaviscon/rennie etc coats your stomach contents so it's less acidic, but the Zantac actually cuts down the acid production.

Only thing is that it's not recommended for use in pregnancy, but if you beg and plead they might give in. Obviously it would be entirely up to you if you wanted to take the risk.

MrsBradleyCooper Sat 24-Nov-12 14:32:36

So sorry, after all that I looked back at your post that says you aren't going to bother with pills from the doctor blush grin

Sorry!

Lora1982 Sat 24-Nov-12 14:38:09

zantac can be got in the shops though so its a possibillity.. its just those pills ive heard people say they take one a day and its sorted.

so im not gauranteed a break when it drops? :'( never mind it is THE only bad preggo symptom ive had so i'll just try and deal....and most probs get zantac!

thank you laydees xxx

honeytea Sat 24-Nov-12 15:06:43

But hopefully it will settle down once the baby drops smile i had heart burn issues before pregnancy (specifically when I drunk wine and ate blue chease but those were the best things!) so maybe I just am sensertive to heartburn and that is why mine is continuing.

Lora1982 Sat 24-Nov-12 16:09:06

ive never had it before really.. well part from wine. but im trying to not be a whinger about it :-D only 6ish weeks I.CAN.DO.THIS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now