Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

8 weeks but only measuring 5+5-6???

(4 Posts)
workingonitagain Fri 23-Nov-12 19:31:07

hi everyone

so i had an ultrasound today and saw sac, yolk, fetal pole and little flickering but didn't confirm it was the heartbeat.
i know that im earlier than 8+5 as olvuated late and have longer cycle but definitely not 3 weeks earlier
also saw blood around the sac and said that it might be miscarriage
the midwife was trying to convince how it's possible to be 5+5 and i kept telling her that i got my positve test 4 weeks ago so it's not possible to be only 5+5 but she just kepte telling me that time will tell
i have another scan in a week

just wanted to know if anyone had similar experience

thanks

whiterose2011 Fri 23-Nov-12 20:22:38

Hi working

I'm so sorry you are going through this as I had something quite similar. Based on my dates I thought I was about 8-9 weeks when I went for my first scan, which my GP arranged for me at the PSU after some bleeding. They said I was measuring about 5 weeks and they couldn't see a heartbeat (apparently that's not unusual at such an early stage though). I went back a week later and there had been a tiny bit of growth and there was a very faint heartbeat. 2 weeks later I had another scan and sadly the heartbeat had stopped and I had a mc.

They did say that this doesn't happen in all cases and I have read lots of threads on here where people who were in a similar situation to us have gone back a week later to see a big growth spurt and a strong heartbeat, so please don't give up hope. In some ways, the waiting is the hardest bit. I just tried to keep myself really busy and spend as much time as I could with dh when I wasn't working.

I really hope it is good news for you. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending you big hugs xxx

ggjj Fri 23-Nov-12 20:29:24

Hi i should b nearly 7wks when i went for scan last week they said i was under 5 done digital test last fri it said 2 to 3 wks then another on mon and said 3+ so not sure if its comeing up earlier coz i had a bleed for 7 days.im goin back for scan on mon to c if its still developing if not will have to have termination! Gl x

workingonitagain Fri 23-Nov-12 20:36:22

hi whiterose

that's seems like it's going to happen to me i had another scan about 10 days ago where they could only see a sac and today it only progressed to the yolk and and almost detectable heartbeat which i don't think is right although the sonographer didn't say so don't have much hope but just want to know and see the end...

thanks for ur response

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: