Talk

Advanced search

shoes, bah.

(16 Posts)
LadyMaryCrawley Fri 23-Nov-12 11:35:42

Can anyone help please? I am nearly 30 weeks pg and this last week it has got noticeably more difficult to tie my shoelaces. I've also got really sore PGP which means the cunning "put foot across knee" method isn't great.

I live in trainers and jeans (not skinny, I refuse to look like a carrot) for work, and I can't wear ballet pumps as they fall off my wide short feet.

So, please lovely pg MNers, recommend your awesome shoes that:

a. You can just step into
b. Are warm and comfy and flat
c. Aren't crocs or uggs

(I am thinking I may have to set aside my croc and ugg aversions if there really is nowt else, although would have to be cheap copies and cheap ugg-style boots always make the wearer look sloppy-footed and like they've got wonky ankles IMO).

I can't get DH to put my shoes on for me either, because we work wildly different hours (he leaves at 7.30am, I leave at either 9.30am or 1.30pm and I am not getting up early just to sit about in my shoes when I could be catching up on precious sleep!)

I have flipflops... but it's cold and wet out! <wails>

thank you!

Ellypoo Fri 23-Nov-12 12:13:06

Can you get some trainer type shoes that don't have laces - with elastic across the top, so you can just wriggle your feet in to them? Also, not massively different to your normal attire, so possibly more comfy for you.

Rhubarb78 Fri 23-Nov-12 12:32:40

Toms or Sketchers maybe?

Fluffeh Fri 23-Nov-12 12:38:19

Wide fitting boots might work. I have some ankle boots in a triple E width fitting and even though they are zipped right up the side I can easily slip them on or off without unzipping.
I got them from an outlet store but I'm pretty sure they're from Evans smile.

LadyMaryCrawley Fri 23-Nov-12 13:20:15

Ooh, thanks for the tips - the trainers-without-laces sound good, I'll have a look for some of those.

Runningblue Fri 23-Nov-12 14:52:26

Try brantano for clarks and hush puppy bargains- I have a leather pair with elastic acted crossover straps I can put on without undoing or bending down...

Runningblue Fri 23-Nov-12 14:53:06

Eh? Elasticated leather straps...!

I've got a pair of flat Timberland boots a bit like this link but much cheaper at an outlet store.
I think they are going to be my shoe covering of choice when I get bigger because they are a style that you can step in and out of. I think mine are a bit wider around the ankle than the example I've linked to - and they look nice and smart while being comfy at same time.
May be an excuse for some internet searching??? And the ladies that frequent the Style and Beauty topic can be very helpful!!!

mrsbugsywugsy Sun 25-Nov-12 17:31:43

I'm 31 weeks and living in these at the moment (in black).

I think I got them a little cheaper than that on ebay. They are warm, comfy, easy to slip on and off, and I got them at the beginning of last winter and they are showing no signs of wear.

OverlyWordyHurdyGurdy Sun 25-Nov-12 17:37:45

I am excitedly awaiting the delivery of my first ever pair of VIVO barefoot winter boots. I had the problems you describe last time, so even though I'm only 26+ weeks at the moment, I'm thinking ahead.

I also permanently (sob) grew half a size last time. If the same happens again I shall be a size NINE shock. Very hard to get shoes that both look nice and don't kill my hobbit feet.

OverlyWordyHurdyGurdy Sun 25-Nov-12 17:41:46

Awaiting these beauties

NAR4 Sun 25-Nov-12 17:42:25

I also have really bad SPD and now have to wear either Uggs or Crocs. Just can't bend enough to get anything else on now (at 28 weeks preg). Not an attractive look I know, but personally I am past caring, as long as I can get them on.

OverlyWordyHurdyGurdy Sun 25-Nov-12 18:13:01

I did live in my crocs by the end last time, even though it was November! So comfy...

WigglyBraddins Sun 25-Nov-12 19:26:13

My feet swelled hideously when pregnant with DS & I was on my feet all day at work so I got some Gabor slip ons. They're more substantial than ballet pumps & more stylish than crocs or ugs. Hope that helps & good luck with the rest of the pregnancy smile

TwitchyTail Sun 25-Nov-12 20:38:48

I've got these: www.clarks.co.uk/p/20341338

More structured than ballet pumps though they look similar - they are proper shoes. They stay on well and provide good support. Keep their shape so easy to step into and out of.

eagleray Sun 25-Nov-12 23:07:58

Wiggly - I have some trusty Gabors too! Always mean to change into a pair of heels when I arrive at work (have a mountain of them under my desk) but then can't be arsed.

I have these for walking in rain/ice/snow - www.amazon.co.uk/Karrimor-Womens-Quilt-Weathertite-K287-BLK-151/dp/B003ZHUBRC/ref=sr_1_1?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1353884424&sr=1-1
possibly not the most stylish things in the world but great for rubbish weather!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now